ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW diesel 320d enhancement detail

This is an enhancement detail on a friend’s bmw diesel 320d

Products and equipment used
Dodo Juice Lime prime
Prima Amigo
Uber microfiber towels
Uber drying towel
3m yellow pads 150mm 75 mm
3m blue pads 150mm 75mm
Valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner
Valet pro tyre gel
Valet pro citrus bling
Valet pro orange pre wash
Valet pro PH neutral snowfoam
Meguiars hyper wash
Meguiars Hyper dressing
Meguiars 16 wax
Werkstat Prime Acrylic
Autosmart Tardis
German applicator
I4detailing orange clay bar
Various wheel brushes
Makita rotary polisher
Karcher pressure washer
Noodle wash mitt
Lambs wool wash mitt
Uber Microfiber drying towel
Poorboys microfibre clothes
Snow foam gun
3m masking tape
Jetseal 109
The car before I start
100_3109.jpg

100_3110.jpg

100_3111.jpg

100_3112.jpg

100_3113.jpg

100_3114.jpg

100_3117.jpg

I cleaned the wheels using the bilberry wheel cleaner and various wheel brushes, the bilberry got the worst of the muck off just leaving some small tar spots to be removed by the Tardis and a microfibre cloth.
100_3118.jpg

I started by giving the lower parts of the car a coat of the valet pro orange pre wash, which was left to dwell before being pressure washed off. The car was then given its first coat of snow foam made up of the valet pro PH neutral snowfoam and a shot of Meg’s hyper wash The snowfoam was then blasted off with the pressure washer, and then the car was given another coat of the same mix snowfoam and whilst this was still on the car I washed it using Meg’s hyper wash and the 2 bucket method and a lambswool wash mitt. The car was then rinsed off using a open ended hose and before claying the lower parts of the car and inner arch lips where sprayed with Tardis which was left to do its stuff before being wiped down with a microfibre cloth.
The car was clayed using citrus bling and water mix( 10 to 1) and a I4 detailing clay bar which didn’t really pull much from the paint work it was then rewashed using the same method and dried using a Uber microfiber drying towel.
100_3121.jpg

100_3122.jpg

100_3119.jpg

100_3120.jpg

Car was then taped up using 3m masking tape, a couple of quick 50/50 using the lime prime and 3m yellow polishing pads before getting on with the rest of the car.
100_3123.jpg

100_3124.jpg

100_3125.jpg

100_3126.jpg

100_3127.jpg

100_3128.jpg

Then started to work my way round the rest of the car using the lime prime and the amigo.
The prima amigo was applied using the rotary and the blue 3m pads, I am really starting to love this product as it is really easy to apply and gives a super slick finish to the paint work also smells lush
100_3130.jpg

100_3131.jpg

100_3132.jpg

100_3133.jpg

100_3135.jpg

100_3134.jpg

100_3136.jpg

100_3137.jpg

100_3139.jpg

100_3141.jpg

100_3142.jpg

100_3140.jpg

100_3143.jpg

100_3144.jpg

100_3145.jpg

100_3146.jpg

The car was given 2 coats of Meguiars 16 wax leaving about 30 min between each coat these where applied using a german applicator pad and left to cure before buffing using poorboys microfibre clothes. Whilst waiting between coats all the exterior plastics where also given a coat of Meguiars 16 wax and chrome trim polished using Werkstat Prime Acrylic. All the glass was cleaned using neat citrus bling, alloys sealed using 2 coats of Jetseal 109, tyres dressed with valet pro tyre dressing arches dressed with megs hyper dressing

Leaving me with this
100_3147.jpg

100_3148.jpg

100_3149.jpg

100_3150.jpg

100_3151.jpg

100_3155.jpg

100_3159.jpg

100_3160.jpg

100_3152.jpg

100_3153.jpg

100_3157.jpg

100_3161.jpg

Clio Dynamique Noir
I4detailing orange clay bar
The car was clayed using citrus bling and water mix( 10 to 1) and a I4 detailing clay bar which didn’t really pull much from the paint work it was then rewashed using the same method and dried using a Uber microfiber drying towel.

Really nice results there!! Good job! You have said that the I4 Detailing bar didnt pick up much dirt from the car. Was this because the clay bar was not as good as other 'branded' or makes of clay bars or there wasnt many contaminents on the car? Thanks!

Really nice results there!! Good job! You have said that the I4 Detailing bar didnt pick up much dirt from the car. Was this because the clay bar was not as good as other 'branded' or makes of clay bars or there wasnt many contaminents on the car? Thanks!

The reason is the use of Tardis helps remove the contaminents from the paint work Mark which leaves very little for the clay bar to remove.

Not sure why the car seeing paint makes a difference to refining, but glad it was sorted. Looks like standard hologramming from compounding to me...

Hmm, not sure then. Speeds on the rotary?

But either neither, you sorted them so it's not an issue.

Honda & VW
Removed with second pass on both front wing as front of car had seen a lot of paint before owner bought

If i were you i would replace the photo in question with one of the outcome after the second pass, where 50:50 shots are concerned its always nice to see the full extent of the transformation/correction

Clio Dynamique Noir
The reason is the use of Tardis helps remove the contaminents from the paint work Mark which leaves very little for the clay bar to remove.

Ah I see, i was just wondering whether you were making this comment because the i4detailing bar isnt as good as other clay bars...would you recommend getting some tardis? Do you simply spray it on, leave it for a while and remove with a mf cloth?

Ah I see, i was just wondering whether you were making this comment because the i4detailing bar isnt as good as other clay bars...would you recommend getting some tardis? Do you simply spray it on, leave it for a while and remove with a mf cloth?

I would as its really easy to use and helps cut down on the contamination on the paint work before you start to clay.

If i were you i would replace the photo in question with one of the outcome after the second pass, where 50:50 shots are concerned its always nice to see the full extent of the transformation/correction

Thanks for the tip matey but i`ll leave the pic as it would look as if i had something to hide othre wise.