ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rossi faster than Barichello !

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Rofl. So in a quicker car with a different aero/tyre package, someone set a quicker time. Pointless.

White Van Man
Rofl. So in a quicker car with a different aero/tyre package, someone set a quicker time. Pointless.

Quicker than someone who's been driving F1 cars for years after a bit of practice, love to see you do it....

Oh yes, rofl right back at ya babe :sleepy:

172 Race Car
And the next day Massa was in THAT SAME CAR and went 3 seconds quicker.

So your thead title should read. 'Massa MUCH faster than Rossi'

Edit, just realised he story is on a M/c site, they aint gonna mention that much are they

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fatboy_fat said:
Quicker than someone who's been driving F1 cars for years after a bit of practice, love to see you do it....

But I have no motorsport experience, no? And I haven't spent the last 2yrs having tests in f1 cars?
'babe'

s**t thread is s**t.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fatboy_fat said:
Missing the point somewhat ? HE DOESN'T DRIVE F1 CARS FOR A LIVING !
No. He's pointing out that it's irrelevant. You can't pick which parts of a story you consider relevant to prove your point lol. 3s slower in the same car is a lifetime in f1. I'd wager that with similar practice, loeb would be quicker. f**k, even badoer would be!

White Van Man

With the incessent progress in F1, it's amazing to note that a 2 year old car is faster than last years car (according to the brains on here)

rofl

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Oh god. F1 chat has it's very own version of jordi. I'm scared you guys should be too.

White Van Man
Oh god. F1 chat has it's very own version of jordi. I'm scared you guys should be too.

Really sorry that I'm not living up to the standards laid down by your good self you God of all F1 knowledge.

The only reason that I posted this, was that I thought it was pretty impressive that someone, admittedly from a motorsport background, (but a totally different one), could get so close to the professional drivers with their countless miles of practice and racing, and many years of experience.

This used to be a pretty good forum, but all it seems to have turned into is a place for people to try and pounce on any perceived mistake, and make themselves appear to be the big man.

Chelsea tractor
Really sorry that I'm not living up to the standards laid down by your good self you God of all F1 knowledge.

The only reason that I posted this, was that I thought it was pretty impressive that someone, admittedly from a motorsport background, (but a totally different one), could get so close to the professional drivers with their countless miles of practice and racing, and many years of experience.

This used to be a pretty good forum, but all it seems to have turned into is a place for people to try and pounce on any perceived mistake, and make themselves appear to be the big man.
ironic

Chelsea tractor

With the incessent progress in F1, it's amazing to note that a 2 year old car is faster than last years car (according to the brains on here)

rofl

... ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
He was 3s a lap slower than a guy recovering from a massive head injury. You can't compare the time he set to Rubens' time, the cars are completely different.

3s means he's nowhere near the level required. He should be thankful alonso wasn't about.

Don't get precious 'babe'. People posted about the pointless article, you jumped on the high horse, and got your knickers in a twist.

White Van Man
He was 3s a lap slower than a guy recovering from a massive head injury. You can't compare the time he set to Rubens' time, the cars are completely different.

3s means he's nowhere near the level required. He should be thankful alonso wasn't about.

Don't get precious 'babe'. People posted about the pointless article, you jumped on the high horse, and got your knickers in a twist.

He was 3 seconds slower than a world class driver, which, as I've already said loads of time, I think is pretty impressive for someone from a totally different branch of motorsport. He's no intention, as far as can be gleaned from any press comments, of going into F1, so he doesn't have to reach any level, he's just enjoying himself.
I understand that you can't compare his times to Ruben's, being in different cars, but he was within 0.2s of Kimi's qualyfying time, in the same car, on the same track, admittedly Vale was on slicks.
I'm not getting precious, nor getting on my high horse, I just fail to understand the need to stomp all over posts with needless negative and sarcastic comments.

Golf GTD Mk7
Brown Bear said:

Can't wait to see how Alonso does. massa is going to struggle I recon.

Pre season means squat. Look at brawn last year

White Van Man
And the next day Massa was in THAT SAME CAR and went 3 seconds quicker.

So your thead title should read. 'Massa MUCH faster than Rossi'

Edit, just realised he story is on a M/c site, they aint gonna mention that much are they

The point I'm trying to make (by banging my head against a wall by the feel of it !) is that he did pretty well for a biker driving a car. Schumacher tried the other way, and also did pretty well, but at a lower level. Would he have done so well on a MotoGP bike ?

Chelsea tractor
No, I'm afraid it does not. Please explain the irony comment ?
OK

It starts with mild banter

Starts to be mildly condescending

rofl
Factually wrong and an attempt to be patronising.
Patronising

Irony

There we go. Banter ;)

White Van Man
OK

It starts with mild banter

Starts to be mildly condescending

Factually wrong and an attempt to be patronising.

Patronising

Irony

There we go. Banter ;)

Fairplay to you, that's quite impressive !
I quite like a bit of banter, but I was only reacting to the "pointless" comment. I'm quite happy to be called a cnut, amongst other things, but please...don't call me pointless, I'm 47 and getting to the part of my life where that really hurts :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fatboy_fat said:
Fairplay to you, that's quite impressive !
I quite like a bit of banter, but I was only reacting to the "pointless" comment. I'm quite happy to be called a cnut, amongst other things, but please...don't call me pointless, I'm 47 and getting to the part of my life where that really hurts :eek:
No one called you pointless. The article is a pointless one. It tells half the story.

I think the point you're missing is that 3s is not close. 0.1 of a second can be a massive amount in f1. If that's his level, he'd get his butt kicked all over the grid by most drivers.

But then I'm sure the situation would be the same if the roles were reversed. Doesn't mean the guy doesn't have talent, just not enough when it comes to f1. So far.

White Van Man
No one called you pointless. The article is a pointless one. It tells half the story.

I think the point you're missing is that 3s is not close. 0.1 of a second can be a massive amount in f1. If that's his level, he'd get his butt kicked all over the grid by most drivers.

But then I'm sure the situation would be the same if the roles were reversed. Doesn't mean the guy doesn't have talent, just not enough when it comes to f1. So far.

To be fair, I think he knows that. Ferrari have been after him to drive for them for years, and probably offering an obscene amount of money. But he seems to be the sort of guy that won't take the cash if he can't deliver. Still, I bet he's having a great time, how much do you reckon it would cost one of us to book a few days testing with them !!

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Rossi has had excellent times in his F1 tests,sure hes not going to be the fastest man out there,but to get within 3 seconds of massa who has a lifetime of racing and F1 experience when you dont even have a racing career on 4 wheels is pretty amazing.

And if you think anyone could post that sort of time then why have Ferrari been begging for rossi to join the team for years...

172//Crap Micra//Bus
PMSL!!

TBH it was a decent time, but really not comparable towards current F1. Also, actual race pace is a lot different to the likes of free practice. On a side note, I completely forgot how god awful the old cars looked... have HUGE head rests too. On a circuit like Spa, without them, i'd put money on his neck going after less than 5 laps.

I'd also imagine going from 2 wheels to 4 is a little easier than going the other way round.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol@begging. If he were quick enough, he would of been genuinely been in. But every test he's done has been sexed up for the Italian media. Have you seen the press reaction in Italy when he gets a test? It's incredible.

Which all helps with sponsorship etc.

Ferrari could pay rossi more than he earns now. He has nothing left to acheive in bikes. So if he was quick enough, he would of gone, no doubt. Massa's brain was scrambled, like egg. He's not spent serious time in the car. And he's turned up, and knocked the guy outta the park. Destroyed him.

With that disparity in pace, at points in the season Rossi would of qualified the quickest car on the grid, dead last. These guys have a lifetimes experience over him, id expect nothing less. Don't buy into the hype because you love men in leather;).