ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rooby Clio 172

Megane r26
Just read through the whole thread, hats off to you, some really skilled work going in there. Good to see fresh idea's instead of the usual clio tuning routes many take on here. Deffintly subscribed.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Looking great so far, shame you couldn't hide the radiator away but it was never going to be a straight swap!

Nice to see something behind the grille too, can't wait for the finished thing.

Looking great so far, shame you couldn't hide the radiator away but it was never going to be a straight swap!

Nice to see something behind the grille too, can't wait for the finished thing.

Got some plans for the radiator ducting, plus it's a nice shiny aluminium radiator, so I'm hoping the finished installation will be worth seeing!

Wait till you see this lot!

On Thursday morning, Jason from Scoobybits asked if I would like to drop the engine back in again, as he was having a breakfast open morning this Saturday, and it would an interesting talking point for visitors. I had a think and hatched a cunning plan! I reckoned I could do a little more than that, so I will let the pictures do the talking!

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

Believe it or not, that took less than three hours, although its all only dropped in, and nothing is actually connected up.

Finally, before I packed up, I decided there was time for it to end up looking like this.

edit_preview.php

Just had to be tried on for size!

edit_preview.php

And this morning at the meet, my daughter Tammy, who will be double driving the car with me, also had to have a go. She wins the widest grin competition!

edit_preview.php

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
WOW! this project just keeps getting better! good luck with it matey, would love the knowledge to do something like this :)

94' Valver F4R'd
Subscribed!! This is the most EPIC and exciting build i think i've ever seen, Shame your so far away from me, I'd love to see it!!
Such a Shame your not putting on the road :/ Gutted. Would be an Animal at the lights... 800kg V6 replica pushing 330Bhp? Would LOVE to see that, especially against my mk1! :)
Keep going!!! Update!!!!!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
This is the car before this project started if anyone's interested ;)

(apologies for the crap sound, I usually put music over my clips)

Last edited by a moderator:
A pal of mine has just found some photos of my daughter and I at Tregrehan, will post a couple here to keep the thread going whilst I do a bit more boring welding and filling. Next phase will be the front mount intercooler and front end subframe, followed by paint.

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

I take it you won't be at Werrington tomorrow then? :dapprove:

I was at Werrington today, but not with the Clio. Borrowed Tony Rogers' V-Storm for the weekend, but sadly got a little too over enthusiastic with the loud pedal over the cattle grid, and arrived at the ninety left still at warp speed. You've heard of the expression "kissing" the barrier? I made love to the rhododendron bushes. Mostly cosmetic damage, but fixing it will delay me from the Cliopreza again! :S

Will be there tomorrow, but spectating.