ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rooby Clio 172

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch! That cattlegrid's popular for bumps :dapprove:

If you're in the paddock pop by for a chat, I'm the ginger one in the Chandlers Motorsport trailer.

Got a lull in the bodywork now as my mate is away on holiday, so I am about to start building a custom wiring loom for the Subareno Cliopreza using the old Subaru loom.
scaled.php

Non Sport Megane
We've decided the official name badge will be

Subareno Cliopreza RS172 WRX STi Type R Spec C

but it will have to be a vinyl sticker, 'cos a metal badge would be too heavy! LOL

Thats genuinely epic! make one out of the crappy plastic ones you can get from helfrauds? ;)

Right, here we go again. After a bit of a pause caused by the welder going on the fritz, I have bought a new Mig, and we have some further progress to report.

Finished welding in the floorpan, and the roll cage mounting plates. The rear section of the cage has had it's geometry altered slightly to suit the position of the Subaru rear suspension turrets, and been tacked in ready for full welding.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

I have also added an extra bar to the roll cage where the dashboard would have been, to carry a mount for the steering column.

scaled.php

Next week will see work start on the tubular frame to carry the front mount intercooler and the front bodywork.
This will be bolted to the plates which can be seen on the front of the chassis rails in this photo.

edit_preview.php

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just looking at this pic, the gearstick is in such a god position now! I've always said the clio stick was sat too far down.

scaled.php