ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ron 98 map for 182 request

BlackGold 182
i uploaded the ron 98 map that i sent joef and it is completly fine on my 182. its alot smoother and better idle like it should do.

i take it you loaded both files when doing the map?

BG 182 FF
A bit of an update. The Ron98 map worked a treat! Made up with the difference it's made. Big thanks to everyone that helped out especially martin182 for his guide over in the members area.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Yea i have read that some have lost a little. I dont want to get the map if my economy is to suffer :/

Titanium Clio 182
It's well worth the loss fella. The driver difference is amazing. Best mod money can buy imo.

Titanium Clio 182
Yeah that's true and like what MartinR said u tend to be more heavy in the right boot so that's what makes it drop. But it is designed to improve mpg. I only use super ron98 but if ya use Ron 95 it won't be as good anyhow. The cons have been talked over and over on previous threads. Better cold starts, smoother engine less jerky, transforms mid range torque etc etc.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I only use normal unleaded currently.

My local garage that's got 98 ron charges like £1.55L! Not paying that!!

Titanium Clio 182
I only use normal unleaded currently.

My local garage that's got 98 ron charges like £1.55L! Not paying that!!

I used Ron 95 sometimes before the rstuner map and my car hated it. Really bad lumpy idle and was spitting etc. Also because they are supposed to be ran on Ron 98 u actually get better mpg and the car runs so much better on it. My local garage charges 1.67 for super that's nuts like!

Titanium Clio 182
Sweet brother that's good fill her up ! Lol. Although I don't think super market fuel is the best quality hence the prices all the time. Boooooooo.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
One of my old high comp engines would run on v power with the ignition retarded. It was fine on momentum and bp ultimate but momentum is about 20p cheaper.

Cliosport 172 cu
Nah vpower every day might be cheap but good fuel you stick cheap in and get less mpg so In the long run you are paying more so you maswell full up with good stuff as you save because you get mpg

Cliosport 172 cu
It's true you that's what people never understand they think it's a load of rubbish but it's a theory tested and I've done my self

It's simple physics tbh.

Higher Ron, means you can run more ignition advance. More advance means you get more power per cycle. Which now means you can put less fuel in to get the same amount of power out.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Well.
I couldn't belive what this garage up the road is selling as premium...
Ron 97, £1.39 !
Screw that that's not what I would class as premium.... I thought 98+ was premium.

What ron is tesco premium that's around 1.32 per l

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Oo found a tesco on way to work. 5 min diversion.
Has 99 fuel at 5p more per L. Bargin.

Will be using that from now on