ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rolling road then to GDI

RB clio 182
Well yesterday I took a drive down south to get my 182 onto the rolling road for a power test. Its totally standard and got 139bhp at the wheels which is roughly 178bhp at the engine im told. I was quite pleased with the result.

I then went to have a look at the GDI demo car and I was very impressed. Andy showed me all around the car and took me out in it. The sound is awesome and the suspension is perfect. Despite being 2 hours from home I have definately found my servicing and tuning company and I will be having some work done in the new year.

If your looking for some work to be done on your car give them a shout they are very welcoming and looking at the demo car they certainly know what they are doing!

Well yesterday I took a drive down south to get my 182 onto the rolling road for a power test. Its totally standard and got 139bhp at the wheels which is roughly 178bhp at the engine im told. I was quite pleased with the result.

I then went to have a look at the GDI demo car and I was very impressed. Andy showed me all around the car and took me out in it. The sound is awesome and the suspension is perfect. Despite being 2 hours from home I have definately found my servicing and tuning company and I will be having some work done in the new year.

If your looking for some work to be done on your car give them a shout they are very welcoming and looking at the demo car they certainly know what they are doing!

Did he go into detail about the spec of the engine and who actually built it?

Why am I boring?

I just asked if Andy had told him what the spec was. I would say on a car forum it was an interesting question. Or does everyone find it more exciting to talk about silversions, turinis and cleaning there car?

Mk4 .:R32
Why am I boring?

I just asked if Andy had told him what the spec was. I would say on a car forum it was an interesting question. Or does everyone find it more exciting to talk about silversions, turinis and cleaning there car?

haha well said :lolup:

clio 200 F4Rt
20% High?

what does it normally average out to then?

just from my old saxo days we used to run on an average of 23% transmission losses.

VaVa
I was under the impression that you should be looking at about 18% for a FWD car..... I would imagein they time how long the car takes to coast down to standstill to calculate this.... but even that doesn't seem entirely accurate.

I propose a motion to ban any mention of flywheel figures unless actually measured at the flywheel.

23% is more 4wd territory!

Last edited:
  VaVa
That's absolute b****cks. The gearbox would destroy it self if it robbed that much power. imagine a 400 bhp Evo losing 200bhp through the drivetrain?!!

RB clio 182
I was told 28% by the rolling road operator. Im no mechanic so I can only go on the basis of what Im told. Anyway it was 139 at the wheels

RB clio 182
Yeah I can imagine. Has anyone else had a rolling road power test on a standard 182? If so what did you get at the wheels?

tbh mate it doesn't matter what it makes, the only way to see an improvement is put mods on and take it back to the same place, then you can see what gains you have gotten. Other thing to do is speak to the guys at Mass and ask what other 182's run on average, as most places log their runs against the reg, so they will have a fair few done there, that's for sure.

williams 2 turbo
ive had gdi do quite a few bits for me over the years, and always found them to be friendly and bloody good at what they do. i would recommend them to anyone.

apart from the bit where andy tried to kill me in one the track cars! hehe

Qashcow
I was under the impression that you should be looking at about 18% for a FWD car..... I would imagein they time how long the car takes to coast down to standstill to calculate this.... but even that doesn't seem entirely accurate.

I propose a motion to ban any mention of flywheel figures unless actually measured at the flywheel.

23% is more 4wd territory!

my skyline had about a 25% transmission loss IIRC

Last edited:
Being as most stock 172 run about 144hp ATW and were designed to give 169Hp gives you an idea that losses are abot 15% in the stock cars case diffeent tyres etc make a difference plus other bits. Plus depends if they have corrected etc.

Quoting such huge transmission losses is stupid IMO.