ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rolling road standard power?

clio cup 172
had the 172 cup tested last week and i managed 176.5 with no mods at all! is that common?
has any1 else done it with standard engine?
is was 179 but was ajusted bcause of the weather

rolling road police time lol!

do not compare figures from different dyno's, flywheel power means next to nothing it is a calculated guess. different operators/dyno setups/dyno brands all create varying factors....

so at the wheel output is what you want to pay attention to, this is the only thing that is accurate, do you have those figures? if your transmission is healthy you'll be looking at 18% losses

Nippy white cup
RR vary so much so you can never tell. The rule tend to be if you get a high reading RR can't be trusted...if you get a low reading then they are more accurate and can be accepted lol.

Only really good for when you get mods so you can see the progress you have made...but only if you get a std rr reading then a modified one on the same day

Chris

clio cup 172
was in a small garage just north of cardiff. i know hes spot on because he does my m8s mx5 race car hes bin to a few rolling roads to test it

Nippy white cup
seems low tbh m8...should be looking to get around 144 ish but as said they vary so much that another standard one might only get 130 on those rollers

Chris

clio cup 172
3190848773_580b8f0f07_m.jpg

mabey shud try sumwere else aswel then
any sugestion?

i woudn't worry either, just trying to point out the differences between rolling roads rather than anything wrong with your car

for reference my car made 156 at the fly before i started working on it, early 130's at the wheels iirc to put you mind at ease

20bhp up on that now though :)

for reference,

my old 172 > 134bhp at the wheels
current 172 cup before work> 128bhp atw

currently running 146 atw, courtesy of shcrick cams, decat, itg panel filter, matched inlets and RStuning live map

best part of £1,500 there, if not more

by far the best mod was the original map done by Paul at RStuning before i decided to lose the plot and my bank balance....

it gained me 8bhp peak and 10lb/ft all the way over the rev range, plus a raised limiter to 7,400rpm

only thing i would say if you are planning further mod tha last thing to do is the map :)

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
In my ph1 172 I was about 10-12bhp up on standard clio sports with Prospeed cat back, pipercross panel filter, inlet matched and then done the RS Tuning remap.
Could easily see the difference on road with other clio sports esp midrange.