ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road Results

Helo!
Clio rs172 03
Specs - A/C deleted ; BmcAir filter ; 4.2.1 manifold ; decat ; ktec exhaust ; catcams 421 and remaped!
this is the result!
What u think m8s, give-me ur opinons!

522658_435206189888671_1284056777_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks ok and a realistic figure, how does it drive though? looks to make a good spread of power in the the area you want it.

Regards Russ.......

hello!
thanks 4 reply!
it drives good but i was expecting a litel more bhp around 190's...
i would like to have more opinions in particularly from pll who have similar specs =)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
128 At wheels 179 at fly ???:S one of them figures sounds wrong to me

There are 100000000 topics on rolling road results, how innacurate they are & all the BS power claims out there so I'm going to keep this really short.

Russ' key words were "realistic." You can hope for mid 190s BHP all you want but the fact is you won't make a true 190 BHP with that spec on that engine. Shock horror 172s don't make 172 BHP as standard.

Rolling roads measure WHP not flywheel so they are essentially a very big estimating machine. Inevitably they tend to be setup to "overestimate" when you've just spent £1000 on a cams & map package to keep customers happy by thinking their car is now faster than everyone elses.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
128 At wheels 179 at fly ???:S one of them figures sounds wrong to me
Looks like a MAHA 3000 dyno mate... hence the fly figure is derived from adding the P-Wheel and P-Drag figures together. The P-Wheel figure is not the at the wheel power as we tend to think of it. I'm no expert by the way, just passing on info I got from an operator of such a dyno. :)

Looks like a MAHA 3000 dyno mate... hence the fly figure is derived from adding the P-Wheel and P-Drag figures together. The P-Wheel figure is not the at the wheel power as we tend to think of it. I'm no expert by the way, just passing on info I got from an operator of such a dyno. :)

HI,
yes it is MAHA dyno.
at the time the left drive shaft was alright but not in a very good condition i have replace it for new one will get the car to the rollers as soon i can, 2 see if affects performance.
i believe they are realistic gains, i would like to read more comments on it.
thankz 4 replys!

Clio sport cup
Had my 172 cup superchipped last year with just a ktec induction and a cat back system and that finished on 184.6 at the fly wheel, since then I've had ported inlets, de-cat and fitted a 64mm throttle body and you can feel the difference, once I've given it a full service ill get it on the dyno again and see what it's doing now

The 172 typically makes about 165 true bhp if its a strong one. The point of a rr is not to chase headline figures! Look at the drivability (torque curve/spread etc). If you are going to tune a car get a "base" figure first to work off so you know how much your money gets you. In the case of a clio very little!!

You now have this figure for future work...make sure you return to the same rr. With the same car on different rollers I had 177 then 193bhp ;)

Suzuki Jimny
My cup made 181bhp because they thought it was a clio 182.

Won't be using a rolling road again!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
My cup made 181bhp because they thought it was a clio 182.

Won't be using a rolling road again!

That the one in Brize Norton...comedians they were! (Lets pick a number...and plot a random chart on Excel!)

Suzuki Jimny
Don't remind me of that one! Dire! Especially when they warned us that they blow up quite a few cars on the rollers!