ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 track car

Clio 172
IMG_1895.JPG
IMG_1889.JPG
IMG_1888.JPG
IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_1979.JPG
IMG_1980.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG
Hi all
This is my Clio 182 track car (non-road legal).
Spec is as follows:
- Carbon Lorraine RC8 front pads
- Carbon Lorraine RC6 read pass
- Braided brake lines
- Dot 5 fluid
- Standard discs
- Stud conversion kit
- 8 team dynamics wheels (1st set with Dunlop direzzas & 2nd with Michelin PS3)
- Spax coilover kit - 750mc spec http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4776&appid=2
- Ktec solid top mounts
- Powerflex black series bushes inc dog bone mount
- TTV flywheel
- Gripper diff
- Helix organic clutch
- High lift cams
- Enlarged throttle body
- Ported/ polished inlet manifold
- ITG Panel filter
- PMS AC delete inc lightweight pulley
- Yuasa battery
- Miltek decat exhaust
- Flocked Dash
- Oreca steering wheel
- Stripped wiring loom
- Safety Devices cage
- TRS harnesses
- Cobra bucket seats
- All interior stripped, brackets removed and interior sprayed/ lacquered
- New track rod ends LH/RH
- New lower ball joints LH/RH
- New calipers NSR/OSF/NSF
- Full service (spark plugs, oil & filter, belts, water pump)
- Shotblasted & powdercoated subframe & rear beam (inc roll cage)

Clio 172
I was up Snetterton yesterday on the 200 circuit, not as fun as the 300 but stil good. Flat spotted my fronts though :(
15ebf5s.jpg

m93j28.jpg

Clio 172
Flat spot tyre from Saturday, only been out for two trackdays:down:
IMG_2014.JPG

Wet tyres fitted in anticipation for November
IMG_2015.JPG
IMG_2016.JPG

Clio 172
Also when changes over the wheels, there was a lot of grease inside of the front passenger wheel. The CV gait/boot hadn't split, it had slipped slightly as the crimp isn't tight enough.
Got some more substantial crimps and more grease to replace the crimps before next trackday.

Clio 172
Will he take 350 cash at snet? If so I'll take em!
Hello bud
He has said will take £350 for them but will want paying now and will hold them till Snetterton if that okay?
Drop him a message on 07502247746

Had new tyres fitted to my wheels, one of the old tyres I was able to keep as it wasn't in too bad a condition
IMG_2021.JPG

Clio 172
Replaced the passenger side CV gaitor clip yesterday as the old one wasn't tight enough and not very wide and added some fresh grease. Bit of a tight squeeze getting in though with the space between the car and wall so a had to sit on floor with legs stretched out and head under the wheel arch lol :laughing: whilst the wheel was off, I also re-loctited the wheel studs as they were loose and also did the driver side ones aswell.
E897C3F5-EA90-4F9A-B9E6-4D63984D45D4.jpg

Car is going to AutoTest in Norwich Monday to have wheel alignment checked and maybe increase camber ready for Sunday at Snetterton.

Clio 172
Also, picked up a Clio 182 for my dad couple weeks ago. Ordered new brakes for it so it will have ds2500 front and rear, Brembo HC front discs and standard OEM rear discs
IMG_2129.JPG

Clio 172
Had wheel alignment checked today, slight adjustment needed on camber and toe
Before:
IMG_2136.JPG

After
IMG_2137.JPG

All filled up now and ready for Snetterton on Sunday:tongueout:

Clio 172
Have a good time. Gutted I can't attend but cannt wait till next Saturday when I'm at Mallory park

Cheers bud :grin: have a good one at Mallory :up: hopefully see you next year at either Snetterton or Cadwell :cool:

Just ordered the pure motorsport rear toe/camber shims 0'20" to get the rear toe from toe-in to neutral
http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=126&model=6
Also looking at the either vibratechnic or ktec race engine & gearbox mounts as it's currently got powerflex black bushes in the mounts.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I went from standard to VT mounts to PMS mounts on about 4 weeks 😂
I love em no movement at all. A soon as you stamp the throttle it's off no twisting or the mounts taking up slack. They're harsh but on a pure track car it's fine. I use mine on the road tho :up:
Easy enough to fit your self defo I did mine. The VT gearbox mount is a pain to fit any way lol

Clio 172
A so so day.
For a start, Javelin overbooked garages I.e. 36 garages instead of the actual 26 so people were having to use the scrutinising bay but same entrance as rest of people. IMO they also overbooked amount of people attending itself as when circuit had track limit of car, you had cars queuing from the entrance point to the circuit all the way back to the end oct he garages! People not driving to the conditions of the circuit so no end of red flags, I could normally use 2 tanks of fuel on an open pit lane day but I used 1/2 tank due to track closure time. I think I managed 3 decent sessions in the whole day.

Clio 182
Sounds like a shame - my client's have started moving away from Javelin for similar reasons.
Got any more dates booked before the end of the year?

Clio 172
That sound s**t mucka. Glad I had to changed now!
Yeah was disappointed didn't get the track time wanted.

Sounds like a shame - my client's have started moving away from Javelin for similar reasons.
Got any more dates booked before the end of the year?
I take it you/they have had same experiences?
No more trackdays for this year atm, go offshore for 3 weeks on 24th Nov and back home on 15th Dec so I don't know if I could get one in between then and Christmas lol

Clio 172
So I ordered 20min toe/ camber shim from PMS but I only ordered one lol. Just ordered the 10min toe/camber shim:tongueclosed:
When fitted, I'll have 0'10" toe-in on left rear side and 0'06" toe-in on right rear side so close to factory settings.

Clio 172
2 photos from Sunday at Snetterton
IMG_2153.jpg
IMG_2159.jpg

On a separate note, had the gearbox oil changed on the family wagon/ towcar mk2 V70 T5. It's an ex-police car, so been serviced fairly decently i.e. Engine oil replaced every 10k miles and I've had the oil replaced 2x in the past year and half however never had gearbox oil replaced and it's on app. 158k miles! Was a lovely colour! Also, it was in for a remap however the computer wouldn't speak to the ECU however as it looks like there may have been additional security so it will have to be removed and mapped on the desk. Couldn't remove it from the housing as it needs a Volvo only tool so gonna go back when he has the tool.

Clio 172
I've also ordered the 30min shim from PMS.
So in all, the 10min shim will be fitted to rear left for the toe and the 20min shim will be fitted to the rear right for the toe along with the 30min for the camber.
In total, it should give 10min toe in left and 6min toe in right and -2degrees camber both sides

Clio 172
IMG_2167.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2169.JPG
IMG_2170.JPG
Was at Donington on Saturday 19th with the MINI Challenge doing a taster day. You were able to take one of the series race cars out for a 20min session basically to see if you want to start racing in 2017. I took one of the Open Class minis out which was a R56 mini at 180bhp/ton (this mini was the chaps who built my car). I took the MININ out in both morning and afternoon. There was also the cooper am & pro series mini and the JCW minis. To drive the JCW mini, you had to have you national B licence and the others only needed your Road licence.
First time being at Donington and first time driving that car was an experience. I'm only used to driving Snetterton which is good but Donington is so much better I.e. Everything flows together and with the undulations makes hell of circuit!

Clio 172
What's the plan with your dads Clio?

It's going to be a fast road/ Track car so not going made with it. Got new brakes to be fitted all round (ferodo ds2500 front and rear with brembo hc discs up front standard rear discs) and motul rbf600 brake fluid. Also, got Yokohama AD08R tyres to be fitted. He has removed the rear seats. It's already got a Miltek Cat-Back exhaust with sports cat, a fatty induction kit and ktec suspension.

Clio 172
Fitted puremotorsport shims to the rear RHS of my Clio 182 track car. However when removing the stub of the axle, 2 of the 4 heads on the bolts were fubbard! Must have happened during the build:down: not happy after money spent to find this! Going to order new set of belts from PMS to replace bolts on both sides. Only fitted 2 bolts atm as needed to put wheel back on to get car into garage. Will do the LHS shims/ bolts along with the RHS bolts when get back offshore in 3 weeks.
Also, when doing the shims noticed that the bush on the exhaust is also fubbard and it's only got one mount on the rear:down: again, not happy to have to get another mount And bushes! Will order a new mount aswell and 2 powerflex bushes.

Separately, went to have to the family wagon remapped so better to tow with. However, the computer wouldn't talk to the ECU via OBD. So this time, the ECU was removed to bench test/ remap it and again tried to get the computer to talk to it but wouldn't do it! Very odd why this has happened. So no remap but didn't get charged for time trying to get the remap.

Clio 172
New exhaust bushes and new exhaust machines mount has been delivered at home, so will fit these when get home from offshore.
IMG_2199.JPG

Clio 172
Looking at getting the Pure Motorsport Billet Rear Stub Axle & Larger Rear Wheel Bearing Kit to replace the crappy rusty old ones.
Anybody's thoughts on these?

Clio 172
So yesterday managed to finally fitting the rear camber & toe shims to the Clio and replaced the stub Axle bolts with ones from PureMotorsport. That means the rear camber should be -2" both sides and app. 10' toe-in both sides.
Now just looking at getting the ktec engine mounts and also a new harness, possibly a schroth or safety devices harness