ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 track car

Clio 172
Replaced the powerflex bush with the ktec engine mount other day. Just got to fit the upper gearbox mount next
2457EFD7-3B0D-4F41-A8A1-2D537FC6C9FE.jpg

As said, I'll be looking at getting a new harness so my TRS 4 point belt buckle style harness will be for sale soon.
Has anybody used the headlight blanks with intake hole from either ktec http://cliosport.net/threads/clio-headlight-restoration-with-3m-restoration-kit-step-by-step.688428/ or ccf fibreglass http://ccf-fibreglass.co.uk/product...fibreglass-headlight-blanks-with-intake-hole?

Clio 172
Out with the old in with the new. Replaced the original upper gearbox mount with the uprated ktec mount today. Had to remove the casing/ spider as had to fit longer bolts where the mount is bolted to the casing.
34C82A61-045F-43E6-BFB4-C7B9DF989372.jpg

Clio 172
Fitted the PowerFlex black bushes to the exhaust mounts today. The left hand side original bush wasn't too bad but the right hand side bush had failed so the exhaust was resting on the mount itself.
Good job I had a spare mount as when we went to push the bush into the mount it cracked the corner! Had a quick google, and it looks like other people had the same issue with the black bushes. To remedy this, the tabs on the edges of the bush had to be cut off and made hell of a difference!
IMG_2298.JPG

Clio 172
So we moved house on Monday from North Walsham to Seething (just south of Norwich).

Car now lives outside, so is covered with a Halfords Advanced Car Cover.

Also, got a oil drain tub for when change the engine and gearbox oil and a pump to refill the gearbox using the guide from here (remove the air box to access the wingnut on the gearbox oil full point).

I'll be using the
Millers Oils NANODRIVE CFS 5w-40 for the engine and the
RED LINE Synthetic Manual Transmission 90 MT90 75W-90 GL4 for the gearbox

Clio 172
Had headlight blanks fitted!
6530B5DC-8440-4FB5-9E13-A3F1D9C8BEBF.jpg

Also replaced the engine and gearbox oil, replaced the power steering pump and power steering fluid and had alignment re-done.
I'll be getting the pure motorsport rear stub Axles, and a 20min toe shim for the rear passenger side and adjustable wishbosnes shortly.

Clio 172
So I just order the PMS shifter :)

Also got a new 4 point safety Devices harness ready to be fitted waiting at home whilst I'm offshore

Car looks good mate, how you finding the RC8s? I've recently fitted them and attended Oulton and they where crazy, compared to the RC5. I just couldn't get my braking right all day due to them locking up to easily, nearly had an off due to this then lost my confidence in them. Track was cold and greesy and my R888s where at the end of there life so hopefully will be better once it warms up a bit with new tyres.

Clio 172
Car looks good mate, how you finding the RC8s? I've recently fitted them and attended Oulton and they where crazy, compared to the RC5. I just couldn't get my braking right all day due to them locking up to easily, nearly had an off due to this then lost my confidence in them. Track was cold and greesy and my R888s where at the end of there life so hopefully will be better once it warms up a bit with new tyres.

Many thanks bud:up:
I do find them very good and can keep pushing them with no fade but like yourself if do press too hard on the brake pedal they do make you lock up quickly!

The 182 ABS system if shocking as well, it can drag you about when it locks. I'm gonna get the cup system with a proper bias valve eventually.

Clio 172
So small update

Clio went into AutoTest in Norwich yesterday to do a bit of welding on the cage feet plate on the rear drivers side as didn't look right to me!:nomouth:
I also had the PMS adjustable wishbones/ PMS stubaxles/ PMS shifter aswell:tongueout:
Will get some photos up shortly:cool:

Clio 172
So I had a look at the welding completed and looks spot on! The welder had managed to cut some metal to the shape of the gaps and welded into plae, can't fault it at all. How it should have been when it was built originally.
IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

Also some picture of the wishbones and shifter
IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

IMG_3003.JPG

Don't have any photos of the stubs Axles atm though.
It's all coming together quite nicely now:smile:

Attachments

• IMG_3001.JPG
    IMG_3001.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 91
  Clio 172
Update
When the car was in at Autotest, the alignment was done wrong so they picked it up sorted it and dropped it off all for free!!
Front: -2.5" camber, 3" castor, 5mins toe-out both sides
Rear: -1.5" camber, zero toe.

Have also ordered oils for next change, so again gone for the Millers NanoDrive 5w-40 & RedLine MTL 75-80.
Also got the Volvo new engine oil so gone for the Millers Trident 5w-40

Clio 172
Millers NanoDrive for the Clio engine, Millers Trident for the Volvo and RedLine MTL for the Clio Gearbox
4B4EB9C1-75AE-4140-8884-BF62C06AC901.jpg

Got a 13 Row Mocal oil cooler coming which have brought from Forum Member f0xy
IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

Clio 172
Pure Motorsport stud kit to be replaced the crap studs I had fitted to the car which somehow cross-threaded 3 studs on one wheel and 2 on another wheel:eek:penmouth:
IMG_3151.JPG

This is the dyno printout for my dads Clio 182 at Clive Atthowes in Norwich
IMG_3132.JPG

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Congrats on the B+E, was it that difficult? I'm pretty handy with a trailer but I do need to get this out the way really

Clio 172
Congrats on the test.

Could I ask where you got the plates from?

Cheers bud, have sent you a PM.

Congrats on the B+E, was it that difficult? I'm pretty handy with a trailer but I do need to get this out the way really

Cheers bud, the hard part is the drive on the road. This lasts app. 45mins. It's the same as if you were to do your car test again I.e. Mirror signal manevour, look over shoulders when pulling away, Mirrors when speed zones changes etc. You also have the independent drive to do now which isn't too bad, best to do it somewhere you know lol. The reversing exercise and un-hitch/ hitch up is easy.

Clio 172
Congrats on the pass bud!

May I ask how much it set you back in total? Including lessons if you had any?

It's my next exam on the to do list..

Thankyou :)

Cast app £450 for day and half training including test aswell. The test itself was £115.

Clio 172
Sold a racetech oil temp gauge Monday so had a few quid to spend. Decided to get some coolant and power steering fluid:up:
IMG_3525.PNG

Don't think I posted any pictures of the oil cooler which had now been fitted with thermostatic plate
IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3153.JPG

IMG_3155.JPG