ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road, 25th Sept, Herts!

I dont know if any of you are interested, but at the moment I dont have 15 puntos going to this rolling road so I will open it up to anyone else, probably likely to only be those in this area though.

I have spoken to the chap who runs the rolling road at g-force, and provided I can get 15 people to come along, the run(s) will be £35 cash. That is it. This will include as many runs as neccesary to get a power figure, at the wheels, to within 1 bhp of the last two recorded figures. You will also get a fuelling reading, and a torque figure, and from the power figure, a flywheel figure too.

For those of you that dont know, g-force is a tuning company for Porsches, Subarus and Mitsubishis. It is worth going down there just to see the cars they work on. From the top of my head, the last thing I saw in there was a 1200 bhp ex Le Mans Porsche, a car running no filters and that needs the turbos replacing after a race season due to "peppering". This is a top notch place.

http://www.g-force-motorsport.co.uk/rolling.html

The above link will explain in more detail the specifics, as I struggle to understand most of it! Apparently their 4wd, completely enclosed cell is capable of accuracy to within 1.5 bhp at 1200 bhp reading. Having been there before, I cannot stress just how professional this place is, even running a rolling road as a side thing on his day off! This is not somewhere that will "inflate" figures to make kevs feel better about their tintops.

As Ive said, it will be £35, just turn up and run, those of you who have done rolling roads before will know this is a good price. I am more aiming toward the people who would just be interested to see how their car is performing, more bar talk I suspect than anything!

If you are interested then please post in here and I shall be in touch with further details. Likely it will be a case of turning up on the Saturday morning, being briefed about safety and so forth and then discussing what it is youre looking for particularly with the rr technician.

Regards

James

at the moment im having big problems with the engine revving when no pressure is applied to the accelerator pedal, poor and erratic idling and often it just cuts out when the clutch is depressed. Ive had the idle control valve stripped and cleaned out, all sorts of cleaning fluids added to the fuel tank and an oil change just for good measure. But the problem is still on going.

It has been suggested that i get it on the rollers to see if its an ecu problem etc. will this be possible this saturday?

regards

Right, I dont know about clios felixwood, but if it was an ecu problem you could go to a place that does diagnostics and "read" the ecu.

Other than that, a rolling road will give you a power and torque figure and graph. If either figure is down on what you think it "should" be, then you look to the graph to see if there are any irregularities and the rolling road technician may well be able to suggest some issues upon looking at that graph. On top of this you will have your fuelling read and compared with your power and torque graphs, this may also lead him and you to some answers.

Having said all of this, for £35 its a really good deal, especially if youre in the area anyway.

Clio 172 Ph2

That rolling road looks totally awesome! Oh and by the looks of it, they deal with Dastek Unichips too. :D

Handy for people who want one fitted, or maybe double checked!

Okay, so do I take it as there is no one wanting to go?

£35 is cheap for a rolling road, let alone a rolling road of this calibre.

Let me know before thursday please.

Thanks

James