ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

Mondeo TDCI 130
Nah mate, took no notice! I was dropping my cup off for alignment, we left it there as i know what there like!!! 20 min job takes 3 hours! lol!! So gaz picked me up and we buggered off for a bit!

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5414.jpg

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5388.jpg

aye weitecs, need winding down a whole lot though but hes too pussy ;)

and rigby, the vent dont look too bad, just abit too in yer face lol, will spray it black i reckon.

good pics btw! so how many sets of pro race's you had now? haha

W

Willy

Ever thought about putting the side strips on and painting them black or silver? I always think they look better with them on :)

JDM Dc2
Weitec Coilovers IIRC

yep, sh!tty GTNs

aye weitecs, need winding down a whole lot though but hes too pussy ;)

and rigby, the vent dont look too bad, just abit too in yer face lol, will spray it black i reckon.

good pics btw! so how many sets of pro race's you had now? haha

not a pussy at all just thinking about the lower strut brace not hitting anything and my wheels not rubbing the arches lol

3rd set y0

Ever thought about putting the side strips on and painting them black or silver? I always think they look better with them on :)

not at all lol, hate them tbh

Looks well on those rims

Alot better/wider stance :)

cheers, yep alot wider stance :D, need to either roll the rear arches out or get some smaller axel spacers, hmmmm...

JDM Dc2
the clearence on the old wheels with 3.5mm wheels spacers -

Image065.jpg

new wheels with no spacers -

Image066.jpg

also yesturday i sprayed the caps black -

Image074.jpg

and to compare, how the bay was when i got the car -

4-11-1.jpg

to how it is now
biggrin.gif

Image075.jpg

Image076.jpg

JDM Dc2
I went to B&Q on the way home for some 100mm aircon ducting for a cold air feed as the engine bay is ridiculously hot when the engine is running so this is needed tbh -

vbxdgvfg.jpg

bydfbydsry.jpg

and yesturday took a few more pics showing the new wheels off after i lowered the front by another 3 turns...

Image086.jpg

Image087.jpg

Fill the arches perfectly on the front now
smile.gif

Image091.jpg

ordered some 10mm spacers to replace the 20.5s which are on atm then they should sort this out lol -

Image088.jpg

Image089.jpg

also yesturday i took of the filter to clean the bodies and truimpets as they were full of dust etc as the base plate doesnt fit on lol...

Image093.jpg

Image094.jpg

Image095.jpg

JDM Dc2
Got home today to find that my 10mm spacers have arrived, makes a change using a reliable company for once as demontweeks said that the hoses would be here within 2-3days here we are 7 days on and still no hoses lol, anyways as Zippyracing said next day delivery, so went out and fitted them straight away, was easier than i thpught they woulve been to change only took like 45mins to do both -

nstnf.jpg

Image007-19.jpg

Image003-25.jpg

hfdhnzdh.jpg

biggrin.gif

JDM Dc2
all ready for tmoz for the convoy down to mallory park for the RTOC national day, looking forward to it, gonna be my first outing on track just hope it passes the noise limit test as its 98db at mallory iirc...

JDM Dc2
Just got back from a weekend away at mallory park on my first trackday yesturday...

sure f0xy and adam will post the vids and pics up later on...

absoloutly mint!! loved every minute of it until...

kjmdyreast.jpg

dropping down the gears into one of the tightest if not the tightest hairpin in the country and my bottom end went BOOM!!!!!

i checked the oil in the moring and at the dinner break after having 3 sessions in the morning, didnt move of the middle, tho when adam was following me he sai everytime i changed gear there was a puff of blue smoke...

when the bottom end went and turned the car off straight away when i got back to the paddock... once it cooled down i checked the oil and it was barely on the dipdtick after my best session of the day with adam as a passenger witnessing my car go boom...

so topped the oil up, pushed the car in gear to make sure it isnt seized, then turned the key again and its knockin just as bad as it was with no oil...

obviosly with chris and me driving it the way we did before it was mapped isnt going to help anything either...

so now i have 2 options basically...

1) get a new bottom end and if possible swap the pocketed pistons over into a new bottom end or ...

2) get a new bottom end and swap my SS3 with a SS4 with jon if he will and if its possible to run standard pistons with bigger exhaust valves...

the day was going so well aswell
cry.gif

JDM Dc2
i am swapping my SS3 cam for a SS4 with jon from shawspeed so then ill be running both Shawspeed SS4 cams so no need for verniers and hes gonna supply -

a less than 10k bottom end already fitted with HD big end bolts, 400quid...
Baffled sump, 140...
cambelt and slave cylinder, 250ish...
ill get the oil and filter, 25ish...
labour for fitting, 400ish...

not cheap lol be worth it tho

oh and another mapping session 345quid!

JDM Dc2
Shame it blew up dude, but I guess this "SS4" means more power?

no less serioulsy

The ss4 cam is slightly milder so no need to run pocketed pistons so im gonna try and sell them and im getting a complete bottom end with a baffled sump and already fitted with HD ARP big end bolts :D

also ditching the SS3 means i dont need to bother with verniers in the future

obiously head gasket, cam belt and getting slave cylinder done at the same time...

and im gonna need to send it back to mikeanics to get it mapped once ive ran it in enough

no less serioulsy

The ss4 cam is slightly milder so no need to run pocketed pistons so im gonna try and sell them and im getting a complete bottom end with a baffled sump and already fitted with HD ARP big end bolts :D

also ditching the SS3 means i dont need to bother with verniers in the future

obiously head gasket, cam belt and getting slave cylinder done at the same time...

and im gonna need to send it back to mikeanics to get it mapped once ive ran it in enough

Ah right, makes it cheaper if you ever kill the pistons though too.

Baffled sump is a wise move, it won't have helped your bottom end this weekend not having one.

JDM Dc2
Ah right, makes it cheaper if you ever kill the pistons though too.

Baffled sump is a wise move, it won't have helped your bottom end this weekend not having one.

exactly mate plus its a not as easy as it sounds just swapping the pistions over from the bottom end thats in now and the new bottom end thats gonna be going in...

ill try and get them and and get a mate to have a look at them and make sure there not damaged then ill sell them on :D

and yeh ive been told that by everyone about the baffled sump especially at mallory with the long fast corners, plus i should run just under full on the dipstick unlike i was on just under half...

i see it as it was my first trackday and learn new things everday tbh

JDM Dc2
Or dry sump it, you'll be a lot safer then lol.

nah cba with that, baffles sumpo should do the job espoecially if i keep my eye on the oil after every session or just not have as long sessions as i been out for about 20mins when the bottom end gave up dropping down the gears

JDM Dc2
Dropped the car off with jon earlier so now its in his hands, hes gonna start on it tmoz...

Jon is also going to order me some 20mm spares between the bodies and trumpets so then i'll be able to fit the filter properly with the back plate and then will effectively make the trumpets 65mm long instead of 45mm, which means more lower down torque
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to get it back now lol...

If the heads needs skimming it'll be ready next weekend as it takes a week to send it off down to london and back etc... if it doesnt need skimming it should be done by saturday
smile.gif

also talked to jon about running it in etc... shouldnt take much (500miles) as the bottom which im having has been in another car bafore but has still got less than 10k on it
smile.gif

also heres some vids from mallory from adamandertons car when he was following me -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJJDZPmRERY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHRxt42Juis

the second one down is best IMO as its only 5mins long so not as boring lol plus get to see quite alot of me