ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

Peugeot 106 Rallye ITB'd.
Thats bloody good mate!! quite impressive!!

when i built the Rallye up again have to meet up at some point and have a look and maybe a cheeky tear up lol.

Im going forged pistons and longer trumpets atm. should hopefully hit 165bhp or more!!

JDM Dc2
Thats bloody good mate!! quite impressive!!

when i built the Rallye up again have to meet up at some point and have a look and maybe a cheeky tear up lol.

Im going forged pistons and longer trumpets atm. should hopefully hit 165bhp or more!!

yeh cant really expect any more than 166bhp with touching the bottom end tbh, ported head would see me 170 but that can wait lol

8v or 16v? bet 165bhp is like the max you can squeeze out the 8v isn it?... 16v you could hit that with just cams and bodies couldnt you?...

EDIT; quick vid form the other noght form my mates car whilst he was doing 60 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFfhJi5HxVY&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
  Peugeot 106 Rallye ITB'd.
yeh cant really expect any more than 166bhp with touching the bottom end tbh, ported head would see me 170 but that can wait lol

8v or 16v? bet 165bhp is like the max you can squeeze out the 8v isn it?... 16v you could hit that with just cams and bodies couldnt you?...

EDIT; quick vid form the other noght form my mates car whilst he was doing 60 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFfhJi5HxVY&feature=player_embedded

8v FTW!!

16v would hit 165 - 170 with bodies and cams. 8v would prob get up to 180 if ya had hi comp forged bottom end, lairy cam, head work, bodies, and custom exhaust and manifold

JDM Dc2
Plan on making a front section to the cage soon maybe after Oulton so thought id get the dash cut ready and i chopped some more stuff out whilst i was at it...

Out -

DSC00945.jpg

Even lighter cut down dash -

DSC00948.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

Removed...

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

How it stands -

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

dash will be getting put back in when the loom has been sorted (where the Omex links on to the standard ecu, replace the crimps and solder and heat shrink all the wires with f0xys help).

JDM Dc2
Dash is all back in, will get pics up when it stops raining, its flimsy as hell now, love it! must weigh like 3kgs MAX all in with the gauges, dials and heater control panel and vents etc...

Just booked another trackday, cadwell 7th july
biggrin.gif
so...

Oulton Park through easytrack, 28th April
Santa POD with RTOC, 21st May
Cadwell Park through easytrack, 7th July

Think june will be a quiet month as im wanting to get the cage done then and also get rid of the ABS pump and maybe get some ferrodo Brake shoes... just need to do some general tidying up over the weekend and also sort the loom what ive wanted to do for a while now.

Will get some pics of the dash in tmoz.

current spec list and plans -

Engine :
  • 1600 Zetec SE;
  • Jenvey 42mm DTH tapered throttle bodies, 45x90mm trumpets;
  • Pico 330cc injectors;
  • Omex 600 ECU with rev limit set at 8k;
  • Shawspeed SS4 cams;
  • Big Valve head;
  • HD Piper valve springs;
  • Shawspeed HD big end bolts;
  • Shawspeed Baffled sump;
  • Webber 3.5bar fuel pressure regulator;
  • Magnacor 8.5mm HT leads;
  • Pipercross 600 series filter (125mm internal);
  • Mocal 13-row Oil cooler;
  • Mocal Oil catch tank;
  • Kenlowe lightweight cooling fan;
  • Removed PAS & AC;
  • Samco hoses;
  • Milltek 4-2-1 manifold;
  • Custom 2.25" De-Cat;
  • Piper Decat-Back with mid-box removed and custom 2.5" tip;
  • FRP gearbox;
  • Shawspeed lightened flywheel;
  • Helix Organic clutch;
  • Vibratechnics engine & gearbox mounts all-round...
Mapped - 166bhp @ 7.7k, 121lbs/ft @ 6k...

Chassis:
  • 2 sets of 15'' Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 in gloss black;
  • Toyo T1r tyres for one set;
  • 300mm focus ST170 discs;
  • Mk3 mondeo callipers;
  • EBC Red stuff pads;
  • Goodbridge braided hoses all round;
  • Weitec GTN coilovers;
  • 10mm Raer axel spacers;
  • OMP front upper and lower strut braces;
  • Welded in rear strut brace/harness bar.
Exterior:
  • Smoothed boot lid;
  • Black roof, bonnet insert, bumper strips, mirrors and spoiler;
  • Silver door handles;
  • Storm single wiper conversion;
  • Removed side strips;
  • De-tangoed headlights;
  • Smoked side reps;
  • Euro Rear light;
  • Removed most of the inner skin on bonnet, fog lights, lower grill;
  • Freestyle grill;
  • Black sun strip.
Interior:
  • Fully Stripped apart from lightened dash and heater;
  • Lightened doors and bootlid;
  • OMP half cage welded in;
  • Sparco Circuit fibreglass buckets with head restraints;
  • Modified OMP subframes;
  • TRS 4-point 3" all round harnesses;
  • Oil temp. and Pressure gauges;
  • Sparco steering wheel;
  • 8 ball gear knob;
  • Hand-held fire extinguisher;
  • Battery.
Weighs 875kgs... 166bhp/875kgs = 190 bhp/tonne.

Plans:
  • Toyo R888s for track tyres for the other set of 1.2s;
  • Aerocatches for the bonnet then cut out the rest of the inner skin and the bonnet catch;
  • Ferrodo brake shoes;
  • Front section cage made/sorted.

A4 130
166bhp? Isnt that abit low considering what its got, Mats made 165bhp with just cams and ITBs so surely yours should be higher?

JDM Dc2
166bhp? Isnt that abit low considering what its got, Mats made 165bhp with just cams and ITBs so surely yours should be higher?

hardly low lol.. Mats made 164.1 iirc mine made 166.1.. dont think Bigger exhaust valves make THAT much of a difference tbh as they were on the car when it had the SS3 inlet... theyd proably make better gains with a ported head tbh

JDM Dc2
Just bought a In-car Heater off ebay, should be here within 2-3days (so basically early next week)... cant wait now just wish i thought about looking on ebay earlier and i wouldve had it by now lol.... so if thats does the job of de-misting the windscreen ill be removing the heater matrix and cutting even more of the dash and the loom down :D

They're pretty much a waste of time TBH. I had one when I first did mine 12 months ago, still got it somewhere. Unfortunately they make f**k all difference in reality

JDM Dc2
They're pretty much a waste of time TBH. I had one when I first did mine 12 months ago, still got it somewhere. Unfortunately they make f**k all difference in reality

well ive payed for it now, will just have to see whats its like/if i can cope with it lol

M

mini-valver

Just have a full speed cold blower and stick a heated screen in. Screens are only £150 quid plus the cost of a switch and relay.

Heated screen is by far the best option, there was a group buy for the Mk1s at one point at around £170. Although, im on my third windscreen, soon to have a 4th fitted and they are £80 a time, I didn't want to have to be spending another ~£100 per screen every time one chips or cracks from the edge!

Yeah that's when the last one was replaced, this one cracked a few months after, its only coming out to finish the cage and have the paint done. No doubt itl crack all the way across once its out so it will need a new one anyway :(

JDM Dc2
Cool sounds like a winner jamie ;)

take it your getting the same one then lol

And yeh think ill be looking at getting a heater windscreen too tbh... a mate had a guy supply and fit it at his house for 150 so think ill be getting one soon.

Heater matrix etc etc will be coming out tmoz if it aint raining!

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
didn't some of the zetec s/mk5 come with heated screens, could make it easier to get one.

JDM Dc2
Dash out AGAIN & heater matrix -

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

Rest of the sound deadening -

DSC00960.jpg

Blanking plates cut out of some random steel f0xy had lying around lol -

DSC00962.jpg

Tiger sealed in -

DSC00963.jpg

Dash cut down even more -

DSC00961.jpg

Now when it stpos raining need to cut down more of the loom thats not needed, then re-spray the interior and hoover all the **** up from grinding the lip down of the pollen filter hole... then re-fit the dash again then paint the bulk head once the tiger seals dried.

JDM Dc2
Cut down even mpore off the loom -

DSC00964.jpg

Total amount of wires thats been cutt off lol -

DSC00965.jpg

Dash in then hoovered and primered -

DSC00967.jpg

Whilst that was drying went to get some aluminium coloured paint, sprayed
biggrin.gif
-

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

Whilst on the way to get some paint, nipped to a scrappy and got this hose off a mk4 TD lol -

DSC00976.jpg

Cut down to suit with adapter -

DSC00978.jpg

Fitted -

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

The thing is it was the breather hose on the Mk4 TD... so to make sure it didnt expload when i was driving, let the car warm up to 90degrees (oil) the fan had already been on 10mins before it reached 90degs... just wondering will it be okay to withstand the pressure with it being a breather hose instead of a coolant hose... there is no strain on it whatsoever...

Mk1 F4R
Why did you get it resprayed? As ofcourse they only make them in silver yeah? ;)
Looks nice!

Cheers did look nice lol and it was hammerited put on with a brush, was done because the rest of the car was black and silver stood out to much
yes they only come in silver/metal, unless you get a 1.2 that comes with the plastic grill, like on the bottom of the zs bumper

I think Adams was my favourite, RIP Burrrrrrr mk1 :(

:hail: burrrrrrrrrrr:cry:

sorry for the spam ;)

DCi 100
Cheers did look nice lol and it was hammerited put on with a brush, was done because the rest of the car was black and silver stood out to much
yes they only come in silver/metal, unless you get a 1.2 that comes with the plastic grill, like on the bottom of the zs bumper

Do they seriously only make them in Silver? That's like only making 182's in pink. :dapprove:

Wtf Jamie, that black one is well nicer! Abit of rear camber and would be ace.

JDM Dc2
sorry for the spam ;)

he means the car you fool, as in like every ZS alex has seen so far has been silver (mine, brens, marks, miles')

Just browsing through my old fez pics and came across this
Jamies old car

26042009336.jpg

:( altho you didnt need to post that pic as this project thread started with that car lol

Wtf Jamie, that black one is well nicer! Abit of rear camber and would be ace.

i know it was but couldve been alot better without the 40mm springs, show cage, 16s etc etc lol considering that was standard when i got it lol

JDM Dc2
That hose should hold up if it's already took the pressure. Just keep an eye on it for the time being, check for any bulging when it's up to temperature.

replaced now ;)

Got an old coolant hose off f0xy last night from his old F7P... breather hose on the left vs the new coolant hose on the right -

DSC00982.jpg

Fitted -

DSC00983.jpg

Let the car get upto temperature and bled the system, didnt seem to get quite as hot as that breather hose so seems a good choice to have replaced that
smile.gif

Also painted the bulkhead with 2 coats of hammerite smooth black -

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

DSC00986.jpg

Need to get some better pics really as the cars in the shade on the drive lol