ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ride comfort

172 cup
having not had the car long. and coming from a soft suspended ride . i am finding the ride a bit hard. the suspension is standard cup. 8 year old 48000m . but even over smooth surfaces the car seems to be shakin alot which as the wife said makes her feel sick. i know i have bought a cup car and it is more hard core . but is it normal to be like this. yes i drove it before i got it. but its only when you live with it for a while do you realy see what somes thing is like. how people lower even more is beyond me,,

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
Time to get a big comfy rover 75? Pipe and slippers? Lol!

Just joking! My mate has a 172 cup, and I don't find it much harder than my full fat 172 tbh.

S4 Avant
Is it on the standard springs?

I've come across a few people who unbeknowingly have Apex springs fitted, which are shat for ride comfort.

Clio 172 Cup
Mine is quite tough and I can certainly see some people finding them a bit much to live with. But being a light car does mean that the springs aren't actually very stiff, so the ride is reasonable when its all standard.

But as above, making sure the car hasn't been modified is probably your first check.

Then the little things, such as tyre pressures and making sure none of the wheels have lost their balance weights.

I had one of my front springs crack, it only lost about a third of a coil, but clearly something like that makes a big difference to the ride, so feel the full length of the springs and make sure they are all as they should be.

When you say on "smooth roads" then perhaps the car has had new rear dampers and still has old fronts, which can setup a horrible frequency when the car pitches. Mine did this when I fitted new rears, and the right wobble in a road surface would set it off. So I put new fronts on too and all was well.

Equally if its never had new dampers then £250 (all four from renault!) for parts and you could fit them yourself if you know how.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They are pretty focused, buit if its on standard springs/dampers, nothing like you're describing. Check the springs, should be black with white/yellow markings on them

lol get these they will help:::
unbranded-spare-cover-kennels-cushion-bed-lrg.jpg

and this for the wife;)
sick_1415696c.jpg