ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ricardos Budget Black Megane 225

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
So with the PB sold last July, as ever with all petrolheads we're never too far from thinking about buying something else. In between that I bought a 14 plate Clio for best and have a 1.9dci 130 for work. The itch to buy another hatch was still there.

So 3 weeks ago a black Megane 225 came up for sale for a reasonable price, I viewed, haggled a price and bought. The plan is to turn it into a budget track car and general weekend B Road blast.

In the last week I've purchased BC Coilovers, R26R wheels. Sourced a RenaultSport Sabelt seat. I have a few more bits to purchase in the next couple of weeks then I start work on fitting all the parts. So this is where it is for now.
_20160410_191723-01.jpeg
_20160410_191417-01.jpeg
DSC_0025-03.jpeg
_20160410_191537-01.jpeg
_20160410_192037-01.jpeg
FB_IMG_1459803926340-01.jpeg
FB_IMG_1459803944221-01.jpeg
FB_IMG_1460307538833-01.jpeg
DSC_0439-01.jpeg
DSC_0440-01.jpeg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Phase one is all about the track based parts, fitting the suspension, setting up the geometry, fitting the seat. I'm ordering a 4 point Sabelt harness this week, I also have a RenaultSport Sabelt steering wheel too. I just need to order the boss so I can fit that.

Phase two, we'll see, that will be power. But as we know power is nothing without control.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
You selling the recaros bud??

Looks a great example too.

Yeah the Recaros will be up for sale in about a weeks time, as soon as the bucket seat and harness is in place. Like I said the car in the bodywork department definitely needs a little TLC but for what I paid it was worth it

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Oh hello RS Megane buddy

Best colour too

Get that side pocket cover changed too!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
How you finding the BC's rich?

I loved them on my ph1, great bit of kit.

They're going to be fitted in a couple of weeks, I've good feedback from a couple of people who have them fitted and it's all positive. For what they cost they should be adequate for the odd trackday, they're not AST level but good enough I believe

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You will like mate :smile: Perfect for road and track. Nice looking bit of kit too.

I like the fact you can adjust the height without compromising the rebound as the shock winds into the lower sleeve, as opposed to adjusting the spring to adjust the height like most coilovers.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You will like mate :smile: Perfect for road and track. Nice looking bit of kit too.

I like the fact you can adjust the height without compromising the rebound as the shock winds into the lower sleeve, as opposed to adjusting the spring to adjust the height like most coilovers.
You can do that on my 13 year old Teins. :smirk:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ok so it's been a week or so since i've had the chance to do anything with the Megane. The OMP brackets FINALLY arrived this week, nice of the company to say when I ordered them from that they were coming from Poland via Germany and not their workplace in Nottingham.... Anyway, they're here.

I've also spent the last 3 days ordering the brake parts. Rear discs, pads and hub bolts are coming from Renault parts direct, the front Brembo HC discs from Amazon, tomorrow i'll order the DS1.1 front pads. I've also ordered a black 4 point Sabelt harness 3" waist and shoulder straps to match the seat.

Had a free day today so I set about trying to fit the seat into place, I've had to switch a bracket round another way and need to modify the outer bracket by welding a tag into place but with this done the OMP brackets will pick up the 4 OE bolt holes using the OE bolts. @The Russian. a bit different from the checked seat.
IMG_3189.JPG
IMG_3192.JPG
IMG_3194.JPG
IMG_3193.JPG
IMG_3198.JPG

Last edited:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
So this week there's going to be a flurry of deliveries in preparation for Saturdays work. Pins for the Brembo calipers are ordered from the TR stockpile, a big thumbs up to Andy on Turborenault
IMG_3201.JPG
IMG_3200.JPG
schroth-dogbone-clip-endfit.jpg
Sabelt.jpg
Came home from work to this little lot from Renault parts direct, again a big thank you to them. UPS courier, £4 delivery charge and arrived after ordering Thursday-Friday, top effort. Run out of time ordering the DS front pads but know if I do it tomorrow I should still have them before the weekend. Fingers crossed that's new brakes all round sorted.

Hopefully the harness, harness clip will also arrive this week too. I still need to squeeze in some time after work to have the new bits welded on the seat brackets.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The postman has been again today, I've also ordered DS1.11 brake pads and a litre of Motul brake fluid which should arrive tomorrow. Still waiting on the Brembo HC discs.

As I like things to match everything is all decent quality Sabelt items. That's the seat, steering wheel and 4 point harness.
IMG_3207.JPG
IMG_3208.JPG
IMG_3211.JPG
IMG_3210.JPG
IMG_3166.JPG
IMG_3169.JPG

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I hope you're putting some washers under the head of those sidemount bolts...

They'll pull through in a crash otherwise.

Indeed yes, it's all for mock up purposes to line up the OE bolt hole positions to the side mount brackets..... Thank you

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Had a panic last night as I'd ordered the discs from Amazon last Saturday and they still hadn't turned up, all it said in the tracking notes was that they were in transit with no location. I've had the Meg booked in for 5 weeks now to have everything fitted this Saturday, front and rear discs, pads and coilovers, the last thing I want is for them not to turn up. So I get onto George RTR and order another set today lunchtime..... Well..... I've just arrived home to a big box.... With a set of Brembo discs in it!! So I now have 2 sets of discs! To be fair the DS1.11 pads will probably work through a set of discs so it's just as well. The 4 pot caliper pins sort of arrived, i have the Royal Fail slip so i'll have to pick them up tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3220.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 68

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Second set of discs arrived Friday and also picked up the better spec pins for the Brembo 4 pots from the local sorting office. Early start this morning, loaded up the car with all the parts and dropped it off with Alex for him to work his magic on it.

_20160513_180839.JPG
_20160513_135858.JPG