ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retro fitting the the auto light function on a 172 Cup

Audi A5
Anyone done this?

I haven't looked under the roof lining but if their was a connector under their for the sensor that sits by the interiour mirror... And then maybe a configure via clip... I'm just shooting in the dark here.

Might operate the auto wiper function as well.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers Bobby

Audi A5
It would just be a nice touch to have the auto lights back that's all.

I have free access to clip to do the configure and if it's just a case of getting a sensor for five pound from someone breaking a non cup then it will be worth it to me.

Many.
I know all about this, as I added auto lights to my Climate control loom when I converted my DCi from basic as f**k to climate etc.

Its a proper pig, and unless you're willing to have the loom out, and have a loom from a car with auto lights and strip them both down and swap it across, its not worth it.

As yours hasn't got climate, I don't think you could even just fit a "full" 172 loom.

Auto wipers is a single wire and UCH programming.

Audi A5
When you say loom are we talking the hole dash loom jobby or is it like a seperate loom that goes from the uch up to the roof lining?

Many.
Whole dash loom.

The auto headlights has, IIRC 2 relays, next to the UCH, it goes into the UCH, Fusebox and the wiring over to the stalk is different, as the stalk just sends the UCH signals rather than flicking relays like it does on your Cup.