ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restaurant Photography

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Overall, I think there are well executed.

The light shots might work even better if you got it on a packed day, looking empty just seems to feel a bit out of place.

Apart from that, I got to say top job!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Cheers Teshi, think you've hit the nail on the head there - pretty sure that's why I don't like those shots as well. But they asked for they it that way so what can you do! Thanks for all the help anyway everyone, really helped me out a lot. :approve:

Two of the chefs asked me for my phone number for someone to ring to cover functions that sometime take place there, which could be good. Fine balance between enjoying it and doing it because I need the money though lol.

Tennis tournament tomorrow, so fingers crossed it doesn't rain!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
great effort buddy, for a first time they are especially ace.

you may want to look at these pics, David loftus is Jamie Olivers official photographer, so you may get some ideas from his images. one thing you might want to play with is using a really shallow depth of field on the food shots.

http://www.davidloftus.com/ (go genre > tastes > click to scroll along)

hope that is of some use.
once again good job

James

Ian

Focus TDCi
Sorry just seen your comment James, having a look through David Loftus' website now and there looks to be some great work on there, good for the inspiration! I've made a few changes to a few of the photos since I posted them up, but already getting fed up with the amount of time I've spent messing with these and the tennis photos from weekend! Think I need a) more talent and b) more money/equipment to get the best out of the photos in camera lol.

OT, are you having trouble with your website? Got some message about it harbouring malicious software or something the other day and now there's nothing on it, just an index?

Sorry just seen your comment James, having a look through David Loftus' website now and there looks to be some great work on there, good for the inspiration! I've made a few changes to a few of the photos since I posted them up, but already getting fed up with the amount of time I've spent messing with these and the tennis photos from weekend! Think I need a) more talent and b) more money/equipment to get the best out of the photos in camera lol.

OT, are you having trouble with your website? Got some message about it harbouring malicious software or something the other day and now there's nothing on it, just an index?

I was going to ask about this, but forgot! Good question.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah mate my hosting got hacked by some s**ty webbot and searching on google it seems that it has done it to a fair few site. I have changed my hosting location and got my webhosting buddy to create me a new account / passwords etc so it should have sorted the problem. I will have a new site going up shortly. Was working on it today.

cheers
James

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Just uploaded the new homepage as a tester, seems to be working ok, obviously there are no other pages to link to and i may fiddle with the design some more, but you shouldnt be getting a blocked by google 'report attack site' message like before.

www.8-bg.co.uk

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yep that's working fine now pal, looks good. :) Shame that you've had to work through it all again though.