ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respraying Alloys ?

Clio GT 128
Im looking to respray my alloys wheels black

the alloys them self's are in perfect condition

would anyone know , who could do this ?

and how much this would ruffly cost ?

many thanks

LY FF182
Sand paper, primer and paint from halfords then a couple days of work and it'll be done

Clio 172
From a mate in the business, he usually charges 60 a corner, but considering your alloys have no damaged, you could get them all sprayed for £200.

From a mate in the business, he usually charges 60 a corner, but considering your alloys have no damaged, you could get them all sprayed for £200.

£200 to spray them!!!

I can get 8 curb rashed wheels fully refurbed and still have £40 left in my pocket!!!

Or get 10 wheels done for £200

twingo
15'' expect around 100-130, i paid 130 and received a top notch finnish. 17's expect to pay 130-160. so on so forth. in the same shop man, when i wanted my roof bonnet reg recesses etc sprayed gloss black one guy had quoted me around 600 and another guy a few months later quotes me 300 for my twingo :) they also done my wheels for 120 in evo green although it gets mixed reactions with it's various subaru implanted parts it is just a bit of fun!

IMG_20131116_154615.jpg

At £20 a wheel I would find it hard to see any profit in it at all, plus powder coating alloys wheels is never a good idea due to the heat weakening or making the alloy brittle.

Flol loads on here have used them with no problems. Who told you powdercoating weakens them?

15'' expect around 100-130, i paid 130 and received a top notch finnish. 17's expect to pay 130-160. so on so forth. in the same shop man, when i wanted my roof bonnet reg recesses etc sprayed gloss black one guy had quoted me around 600 and another guy a few months later quotes me 300 for my twingo :) they also done my wheels for 120 in evo green although it gets mixed reactions with it's various subaru implanted parts it is just a bit of fun!

View attachment 107221

WTF is that^^^ and what are you fuzzling on about lol

That £20 a wheel doesnt include removing/refitting tyres iirc

You are right yes. But its a couple of quid more for that service. Circa £25 a wheel with tyres removed /refitted still try and find it cheaper and the quality is very good.

Mk3 1.4 clio
Hey all I work at 3D finishers in coventry and We charge £25-£30 a corner and the customer needs to remove the tyres.
zybavera.jpg

Just a little example.

Mk3 1.4 clio
Oh my. So JDM. So wow.

On topic: either DIY with spray paints or take MartinR's advice. £25 per wheel incl removing/refitting tyres is pretty good value for money. Don't listen to the guy saying powdercoating weakens the wheel and makes them brittle, who's ever heard of a wheel snapping in half because they were powder coated?!

All the years I've work as a powdercoater I've never heard of a wheel snapping after coating. More than likely it's cracked before and not be noticed. We had a BMW wheel shotblasted and when we got it back it had a little split.

Mk3 1.4 clio
That was my point, there's nothing wrong with powder coating.

Nothing wrong with powdercoating wheels. I could of powdered my mk3 wheel but couldn't be bothered with taking the tyres off, then put them back on and then getting them balanced. So I got my boss to sprayed them with two pac gloss black
yseje9ez.jpg
ese8ygy8.jpg

twingo
Oh my. So JDM. So wow.

On topic: either DIY with spray paints or take MartinR's advice. £25 per wheel incl removing/refitting tyres is pretty good value for money. Don't listen to the guy saying powdercoating weakens the wheel and makes them brittle, who's ever heard of a wheel snapping in half because they were powder coated?!

gtr wing on a gtst lol. lets not crack jokes about things that try to be something they are not you gilded ring piece.

Midlands Car Care are doing a brilliant offer atm!

£189 for 4x16" wheels (or smaller):

tyres removed, wheels painted (inc centre caps etc etc), tyres refitted and balanced and paint protection applied.

gtr wing on a gtst lol. lets not crack jokes about things that try to be something they are not you gilded ring piece.

What are you on about mayte? I'm not making a big thing about my car being JDM (It's imported from Japan you halfwit) and I don't have a gtr wing? (Yet) I'm not playing it off as a GTR. It will always be a GTST, not like I'm putting GTR badges on it.

Yet your French hatch is plastered with JDM stickers. Seems legit.