ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Washer Jets?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Washer jets on the V6 are useless, I'm sure I read on here once that there's some you can buy that have amuck better spray pattern rather than 2 powerful jets….can anyone shed any light?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Is this an easy job?

Yeah , takes only a couple of mins . Just disconnect the pipes , push the old ones out from under the bonnet , then push the new ones in . I just used some pliers to push mine out , gently grip the old washer jets then push .

So I've swapped my washer jets for some genuine Citroën ones off eBay but they just spray at the wiper arms. It doesn't look like I can adjust the aim on them

Does anyone else have this problem?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
So I've swapped my washer jets for some genuine Citroën ones off eBay but they just spray at the wiper arms. It doesn't look like I can adjust the aim on them

Yeah mine do the exact same thing :(

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah mine do the exact same thing 😧

Don't say that, i've got some to replace on mine too 😞

On a side note... The Citroen/Fiat ones come with a rubber gasket underneath them, do you keep that on when fitting or remove it?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah they're the ones I've fitted, along with the rubber gasket.

I can't be arsed change them again, I only do minimal mileage so I'll just put up with it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Saw a post on the MX5 forum that a bloke put Ford (fiesta or focus, they're probably the same) washer jets on his Mk1 (where they're basically like children's water pistols) and the spray was very even, not a mist - but definitely better than the Clio's according to his pics.

CJM

Just so you know the angle of the mist on the Peugeot/citroen ones vary on what car they are from.
Xsara ones on mine are perfect. The 307 ones I fitted prior aimed at the wiper arms.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281563934278?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I got these ones, but as said, the aim is too low.
I don't recall the rubber washer/gasket but it might have stuck on it and I just didn't notice. Or it's the missing piece that fixes the aim but they were in proper packaging

Yeah they're the ones I've fitted, along with the rubber gasket.

I can't be arsed change them again, I only do minimal mileage so I'll just put up with it.

I had the same, tried adjusting them but it's fixed so either pattern parts or just rubbish

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Saw a post on the MX5 forum that a bloke put Ford (fiesta or focus, they're probably the same) washer jets on his Mk1 (where they're basically like children's water pistols) and the spray was very even, not a mist - but definitely better than the Clio's according to his pics.

The ones for the MX-5 are odd ones, like a Ford Ranger or something??

I fitted a set to my Five, but can't for the life of me remember what they are from.
Took a part number from the forum down to the dealer and asked for them, got a puzzled look but they had the last two sat on their shelf out back :D

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
im hopefully fitting mines today.. do you use pliers to pull it out or can you push it out with no issues?

BMW 320d SE
Just ordered some after reading this thread - the same ones recommended by 172 Tom. I'll report back when they're fitted.