ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport Owners.........

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I thought id post this up as i have just returned from getting some early morning Optimax, and no less than 4 non-RS Clios have tried it on with me.

I was wondering how many RS owners had this to deal with on a daily basis?! Im sure it cant be just me!

i.e. lesser powered non-rs clios sitting about an inch from your rear bumper or lining up next to you...etc...etc

Maybe its just people in Warrington...although i seriously doubt it.

Anyone??!

I had a Mazda 3 (TS i think) in front of me this morning trying to put his foot down at every oppotunatey to get away from me. He failed at every attempt :devilish:

Cup 172

Happens to me and to be honest I look forward to it.

Nothing beats shaming a chav trying to impress his 15 year old lass in his mums car... Its even better when you dont even have to try...

106 GTi

Yeah mine seems to attract all sorts of people wanting to have a go, not normally non RS Clios though.

Clio 197

Ever since the mtoring press went on and on and on about the 182....

.... I feel that now im some kind of target.

That wasnt the case 12 months ago.

Silver Fabia vRS

Yup I seem to get every muppet in his modded Corsa/Saxo/106/206/Punto etc.... try it on. I dont think any of them have ever been able to keep up.

Honda S2000

I live near Warrington and I never really have any problems with other drivers. Apart from when they see its a girl driving and then they automatically think their car is faster for some reason. But it never is ;)

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly_ on 29 July 2005

I live near Warrington and I never really have any problems with other drivers. Apart from when they see its a girl driving and then they automatically think their car is faster for some reason. But it never is ;)

LOL Class :D

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

yeah every little chav tries it on i had a rover 600 try last night i hate it when they are inches away from your back bumper in the wet too it dives my nuts.

clio v6

come and have a race with me kel???

Honda S2000

Anytime Clarkiev6.

Obvisouly there is some small print to be agreed to this race... you must have 3 sumo wrestlers as passengers, I must have the obvious head start as I am a girl and im sure ill think of something else!

Suzuki SV1000S

I get all kinds too mate - Although has to be said most of cars I come across arouns my area (park lane/westminster) are porsches and mercs lol

Cam

182 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by carbon copy on 29 July 2005

I thought id post this up as i have just returned from getting some early morning Optimax, and no less than 4 non-RS Clios have tried it on with me.

I was wondering how many RS owners had this to deal with on a daily basis?! Im sure it cant be just me!

i.e. lesser powered non-rs clios sitting about an inch from your rear bumper or lining up next to you...etc...etc

Maybe its just people in Warrington...although i seriously doubt it.

Anyone??!
I think its the fact they sit up your ass so you floor it to see how fast the car is.

Megane R26

yeah sometimes & its the Honda Civic S Sport drivers that want to race all the time round my area - get over it, you didnt buy a type r! ;)

i get it all the bloody time, and it drives me crazy. I quite often pull into a bus stop to let them past and pull out behind them, letting them carry on killing themselves.

Chris... you didnt happen to drive past the post office did ya? ;)

/Dan.

Banana

Everything has a go with me (from cinquecentos to ferraris) since I put the Gordini stripes on. They are a chav / police magnet and may be coming off soon.

clio v6

i was gonna put nos stickers in my rear window....but decided against it...lol

could hear sirens....nee naw nee naw:mad:

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 29 July 2005

i was gonna put nos stickers in my rear window....but decided against it...lol
lol, i can imagine it now... "look he has NOS in his V6, lets race em" PMSL

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio182 on 29 July 2005

Yup I seem to get every muppet in his modded Corsa/Saxo/106/206/Punto etc.... try it on. I dont think any of them have ever been able to keep up.

Such stamina Geoff, but do any of them race you ??? :p

Nimbus Clio 197

carbon and kelly, a couple of guys there from near warrington then? thats where i live! not not my 172 Cup yet (will do on monday), maybe ive seen you b4?! ive got a green calibra v6 at the min with 18s? looking forward to having the pocket rocket now......

I was going straight on at a roundabout when I spied a VTR wanting on the first exit last night. He had his side-lights on already and get this – when he pulled in behind me, he turned his fogs on and then proceeded to sit on my arse. Gave the sl*g a bit of beans and he was a little dot in my mirror. I actually pissed myself when he turned his fogs on…

Honda S2000

Mike_SE, a very good choice of car! Watch out for all the saxos/corsas racing you at every opportunity near Mr Smiths!

I have a question, Subaru drivers always seem to wave to each other. Im sure other car owners do too. But when you see another RS clio do you acknowledge them? Give them a little wave?? I have only done it once and that was only because the lad driving it was gorgeous. Am i being ignorant?!

Octavia VRS

I have never tried it on with a RS Clio - what is the point? lol

My mate who has an evo 6 says a silly little boy tried it on with him and he was in a 1.2 clio!

Nimbus Clio 197

oh aye, theres plenty of saxos and corsas around here eh! my V6 is quick tho, so they end up as dots in the mirror...! hehe same thing will happen with the Cup im sure ;)

as for waving, i dont think id really do that unless i saw a club badge in the window or something. if they saw someone they didnt know waving, they may just think "whos that loony?" i reckon.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Mike_SE, a very good choice of car! Watch out for all the saxos/corsas racing you at every opportunity near Mr Smiths!

I have a question, Subaru drivers always seem to wave to each other. Im sure other car owners do too. But when you see another RS clio do you acknowledge them? Give them a little wave?? I have only done it once and that was only because the lad driving it was gorgeous. Am i being ignorant?!
I always let onto other Valvers/Willys/172s/182s if I notice them in time! Seems a 50-50 split of those that acknowledge and those that just totally ignore you.

Got looked at in total disgust by the last V6 driver I acknowledge. Bloody snobs! ;)

D.