ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 2014 Secondary De-cat

Renault Clio 4 RS
Hi everyone!

So recently I decided that my car is lovely, but I want it louder with a few more crackles and pops! I was told that a secondary decat would do this. I've just been to my local garage and they said they could build one to replace the cat, but it'll be best buying from someone that simply replaces it and can allow it to be changed come MOT.

He sent me an email saying this one should do the trick : http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...scorpion-2-3-4-secondary-cat-replacement-pipe

My question is, I've used Scorpron before, but are they good for a secondary decat? Is it likely to sound good? Is that the right pipe? Is there anything else I can do to make it sound good but not deafeningly loud haha! Thanks in advance :D

Renault Clio 4 RS
Have you already got an aftermarket exhaust?
So far all is OEM mate apart from a centre silencer removal. I was looking at the spec and that de-cat pipe fits with both an after market system and OE parts. We're both confident it'll fit :)

monaco 172
That's not what I was getting at.

I meant if your still on a standard exhaust then removing the cat won't make a massive difference to the sound but if you have removed the centre silencer then it might make a bit more noise.

Renault Clio 4 RS
That's not what I was getting at.

I meant if your still on a standard exhaust then removing the cat won't make a massive difference to the sound but if you have removed the centre silencer then it might make a bit more noise.

Ahh I see thanks. What else do you think I should do in order to make it sound a bit louder? I want it to be louder but not so much that there's a drone

monaco 172
Get a full system.
I'm no expert but I've read that Tue 200 and 197 have a bad flat spot with the cat removed.

The acrapovic system sounds amazing

Clio 197
Get a full system.
I'm no expert but I've read that Tue 200 and 197 have a bad flat spot with the cat removed.

The acrapovic system sounds amazing
Not sure the OPs car will have a flatspot since it's turbocharged

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I would go secondary decat first, try brondex they have good prices atm.