ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio 200 Problems.

Renault clio RS200

Hello I have got a few problems with my 200 gear box i have had the car about 14 months now.

First problem, once the car gets warm in 3/4 gear when your on the road and its about 4000 RPM in both gears when you let go to slow down there is a lot of noise coming from the box, I have taken the problem into renault Leeds before but they said it is a normal noise the box makes but ever other car i have owned does not make the noise. :S

Second Problem, Sometimes the ASP Light comes on with the Spanner light, once you stop and turn off the engine and turn it back on again everything seems normal once again. When the light comes on i feel like there is a drop in power.

Thrid problem, The car has got the Kangaroo effect it does it in 1/2 gear is this another design floor, Does it need to get looked at ?

In the last 14 months i have had one thing after another with this car but i really enjoy driving it and the power. I have been to the dealer over other things but they have sorted some of the other problems.

Please Help!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
should be no abnormal noise from the box.

kangaroo effect appears to be a "feature" of the car, mine does it too, maby im just a mong but i find it hard to pull away smoothly in first lol

Renault clio RS200
should be no abnormal noise from the box.

kangaroo effect appears to be a "feature" of the car, mine does it too, maby im just a mong but i find it hard to pull away smoothly in first lol

I am Kangarooing even when my foot is not even on the clutch :S I am going to get it booked in to let them have a look at all the problems or is it just the great renault build quality lol.