ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault clio 172 head noise

clio 172 mk2
2000 x 172 120k miles service history up to 82k engine ticks over fine smoothly on start up but once you have taken it out for a blast and listen to it, it sounds like a diesel there is something more than rattling in the head metal on metal i have had the screwdriver to my ear but cannot define the source also as soon as you take it over 3000 revs the noise goes away there is no loss in power at all it is still a rocket i have had an engine flush with recommended oil and had numerous mechanics listen to it they have said that is possibly timed up a notch out or something there not trying to get me to do the work so i presume this is an honest opinion could it be something as simple as this or something more jubious:(

330Ci Sport Convertible
Possibly oil pressure related? How long ago was the oil filter changed?

PH1 172 Sport
who changed the cambelt as they are very easy to get a tooth out if the garage who did it didn't have the proper locking tools

clio 172 mk2
yes its abit like that but not quite as severe have you sorted your problem and what was it