ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Clio 182 PAS Setup removal

Clio 200 Cup
Hi,

Looking at getting rid of my PAS setup as there is no need as i am running electric pump in my setup, so the second pump is obsolete. looking at the routing of the aux belt, it seems the belt is double sided? as it drives the water pump on one side of the belt and all the rest on the other side?

So i need to have the system which currently has, Crank pulley, water pump, PAS pump, alternator and AC pump. I Just want to remove the PAS pump nothing else.

would it be ok to remove the aux belt with engine out of the car noting the relative position of the upper tensioner when taught, and then measuring the size of belt i require with no PAS pump with string or what not and replace with new shorter belt? would this be ok? looking at the position of the belt and how the tensioner functions it looks ok to me, if anyone could confirm that would be great.

Thanks