ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing a car stereo without the right keys

corsa ecoflex
Not long ago i bought a 4x4 to replace the clio and its got a shitty kenwood in it,i wanna replace it with my ipod compatible stereo but dont have the keys to remove it....i went to halfords and they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot and said they couldnt help...so what do i do next,all i know is that the keys are flat ones

corsa ecoflex
looked on ebay and there are hundreds of them...i have no idea what ones i need so what else can i do to get this bloody stereo out

corsa ecoflex
thanks for the help guys.....i went with the two knife method and am now happy to report that the shitty unit is out and new one in its place....

Jap Box
Yeah, two flat head screwdrivers would have done the trick too. One sony unit I had I just pulled it out with force, snapped the wire clips from the back with pulling it but it still works fine :)