ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removin abs on my cup pack 182

182 ff cup packs
wots ppl view on removin abs...iv got pagid blues which r awesome but from high speed it jus feels like my abs wont allow me 2 push the pedal as hard as i need, it feels like its limitin my pushin on the pedal pressure...if i jus remove fuse wil it giv me all the control or do i need remove abs setup completely an use proper cup setup.....any ideas or ppl tried let me know pls......its all braided hoses an dot 5.1 fliud an tha prob it only wen i stand on the middle pedal......thanx guys:evil:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Track car presumably or wouldn't you fail the MOT removing it and relining?

What circuit is that you're struggling on-must have f**king massive straights!

182 ff cup packs
its mainly a road car bein set up 4 track...wana take it 2 nurburgring......they work fine but if i hit the brakes at 130 it linits the pressure an i want a bit more feel/confidence b4 takin it round the ring

182 ff cup packs
because it wont let me push the pedal as hard as i want.....the brakes r awesome from 80mph but wen ur dion more an u want 2 push harder it seems the abs system takes away the feel/ not as in stoppin the wheel lockin but it wont let me push harder an the brakes r wel capable of much more......4 instance if i jump on the peddle at 80mph (warmed up pads) my abs wil go beserk by time it hits 50mph 2 stop it lockin.....but at 130 it feels like a dead pedal , ie no confidence at speed... no good 4 the ring

182 ff cup packs
heres a beta comparison....drive a 172 cup hit the brakes at 100mph, lots of feel, an drive a abs car an do the same...my brakes r really good but my mates standard cup gives me more confidence wiv the feel...hope that makes bit more sense.....jus seem 2 brake bit early wiv min

182 ff cup packs
but i dont want the brakes bein controled by the electrics...removin the fuse wont change distribution thats down 2 master cylinder .....or u sayin that the abs unit controls the bias an stuff????

but i dont want the brakes bein controled by the electrics...removin the fuse wont change distribution thats down 2 master cylinder .....or u sayin that the abs unit controls the bias an stuff????

Yes the bias (Brake force distribution) is controlled by the abs so if you take the fuse out you will get a 50/50 split instead of say a 90/10 the back wheels will lock and you will crash.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
heres a beta comparison....drive a 172 cup hit the brakes at 100mph, lots of feel, an drive a abs car an do the same...my brakes r really good but my mates standard cup gives me more confidence wiv the feel...hope that makes bit more sense.....jus seem 2 brake bit early wiv min

So you just want to be able to stamp at the pedal later into the corner? :)

182 ff cup packs
i thiught thers a compensator on the rear beam, not on the cup tho, i cant c the front/rear bias bein changed by removin fuse soz it wood b a safety risk if the fuse blew while drivin.......but im open 2 all opinions....ill look in 2 this in work monday

182 ff cup packs
im not afta a debate bout wer i brake coz ye sum times i brake goin in2 a corner 2 get the bac out othr times obviously u cant do it....im sayin stamp on pedal of abs car an non abs car 2 feel the dif an stuff....i want more control than the car is allowin me....an ther is a big reason that reno prob left it off the cup an i think its more bout feel than weight sheddin

182cup & 172 racecar
Look,listen mate,if you want to die or at best eat your dinner through a straw,then by all means do it.
Just listen to people.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I removed my ABS from my 182 track car.

I used a 4port master cylinder, brake servo and rear brake proportion valve all from a 172cup.

I removed all brake lines from my car and made new ones.

That should then give you the extra braking confidence you are after.

182 ff cup packs
cheers chrispy thats the ans i was lookin 4......didnt wana debate jus more feel...thanx all

182 ff cup packs
Look,listen mate,if you want to die or at best eat your dinner through a straw,then by all means do it.
Just listen to people.
im afta more feel, more confidence so mayb u should read all i put down b4 jus thinkin i wana pull the fuse..mate....iv spent a few quid on my brakes an not happy wiv higher speed feel, i feel im waitin 4 the car 2 stop instead of me stoppin the car... the whole reason i posted was 2 c if an wot others hav done coz as i tried 2 say, my brakes wil outstop my mates cuo by a long way but from high speed his still let u feel ur in control an i wana push mine harder an my car wont allow it, jus want them 2 do the best they can abs or not

182 ff cup packs
jus read ur thread an it makes sense, but thats wot i was askin, if i needed remove it an put cup set up on....is ther any way 2 giv more pedal control at high speed ...iv ad new non return valve 4 my servo wil fit it monday an hope it mayb that....if not is cup set up the only option as the car is mostly road car...mayb il buy a cup 4 track days lol

182 ff cup packs
wel as ur both seemin 2 know mayb u can come an show me sumtime.....we mix letters an numbers all the time not always the same 1s......an a decent thread has been f***d up by u 2 lol ...v mature u r....best take ur clio campus bac home mammy prob wants it 4 shoppin.....any probs pm me.....dyl... dslyse... dixsl...thats actualy wot its like 10 out of 10... an we aint all pc geeks sum of us rite as we txt lol but u 2 obvuosly spend time on pc lookin 4 things u can get off on an at the same time know ur safe coz we dont know who u r....wel enjoy ur pc sex while i go f**k my mrs.....oh an i stil train hard so pm if u wana...meet up lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So you're threatening to beat me up because I pointed out you're lazy when typing on a computer?

How long have you been on the 'roids?

182 ff cup packs
wel as ur both seemin 2 know mayb u can come an show me sumtime.....we mix letters an numbers all the time not always the same 1s......an a decent thread has been f***d up by u 2 lol ...v mature u r....best take ur clio campus bac home mammy prob wants it 4 shoppin.....any probs pm me.....dyl... dslyse... dixsl...thats actualy wot its like 10 out of 10... an we aint all pc geeks sum of us rite as we txt lol but u 2 obvuosly spend time on pc lookin 4 things u can get off on an at the same time know ur safe coz we dont know who u r....wel enjoy ur pc sex while i go f**k my mrs.....oh an i stil train hard so pm if u wana...meet up lol

182 ff cup packs
So you're threatening to beat me up because I pointed out you're lazy when typing on a computer?

boxer mate...ur bit thick coz body biulders use roids.....i concentrate on ko.......an wot did ur comment av 2 do wiv abs removal....nothin ...so y commen t in 1st place....u took piss out of dyslexia an u dont like havin it bac......pm me or jus b quiet lil boy

182 ff cup packs
So you're threatening to beat me up because I pointed out you're lazy when typing on a computer? <br>
<br>
<br>boxer mate...ur bit thick coz body biulders use roids.....i concentrate on ko.......an wot did ur comment av 2 do wiv abs removal....nothin ...so y commen t in 1st place....u took piss out of dyslexia an u dont like havin it bac......pm me or jus b quiet lil boy

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

Did you actually mean 10 out of 10? I don't get it. What's a clio campus bro?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Angry-Man-Yelling.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
try readin the lot brains.....im off now, nice 2c how thick u really r 10 out of 10 again....uv amused me lol

I can't believe you've been a member on here since April and you haven't grasped the concept of taking the piss.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
try readin the lot brains.....im off now, nice 2c how thick u really r 10 out of 10 again....uv amused me lol

That's not how you write though is it-still don't get it. You didn't say what a clio campus was either bro.

RS6 C7
Who actually writes like that? Im only young and ive never seen anyone type like that, My 9 year old brother with such bad dyslexia he is classed as disabled can write better than that.