ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Regards to the number plate

RB 182 Cup
The white rectangles you buy to place onto the number plate and the body.

I want to remove this idea from my car and replace it with velcro. Does anyone have any good ideas of how to remove the sticky labels from the body without affecting the paintwork at all? Any chemicals I could buy?

As above.

You can then remove, wash and then as Craig/Cat171 has said, polish up the area.

Suggest using panel wipe or IPA wipe down before applying the Velcro strips so you ensure a decent surface for them to stick to.

133/225/CLS AMG
As said a hairdryer will soften up any sticky pads/labels so you can peel the majority off by hand.

I've found Autoglym Tar Remover good at basically dissolving any glue on paintwork to leave it totally clean.

RB 182 Cup
Wicked!! I'm going to purchase my metal number plates on payday along with the velcro etc. I have some of that Autoglym tar remover already so result. By the way where would you suggest buying the velcro stickies from?