ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red instrument lights

Clio 1.4 16v Mk2
i was wanting to change mine to blue wil the ones on that site be to use on the dials also how would you fit them i know how to get the panel out but how does the bulbs fit?

Polo + Micra
yeah the ones of that site will work fine

you just need to un-solder the old ones and solder on the new ones;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
blue looks cool ive got a pic of them done blue think it was someones from here

blue3dv.jpg

Clio 172
Dink, cheers for that link. How many will I need to do all the instruments n the dash and centre consoles? Also, which of the red LEDs is best, as there are four types available?

Polo + Micra
i think i would go for the super red(should be a real deep red) and a transparent for a good diffusion

i know you need 10 for the dials but the rest of the dash may use 1.2w filament lamps

Clio 172
Dink said:
i think i would go for the super red(should be a real deep red) and a transparent for a good diffusion

i know you need 10 for the dials but the rest of the dash may use 1.2w filament lamps

Thanks again. Are the 1.2w bulbs available in red too. I'm looking for that Audi look. Are these for the centre console and display?

Polo + Micra
you might be able to get Led replacements of the 1.2w lamps but you need to be careful of the viewing angle

Clio 172
Dink,
My LEDs arrived today and they're tiny. I can barely see them ha ha. They're going to be fun soldering in to place. I'll need some magnifying glasses

Polo + Micra
yeah they are not the biggest are they

best bet is to pre solder the board then place the led on top and the heat the solder

Clio 172
Thanks very much. I'll be doing, sorry, attempting it in jan. when the interior is stripped out. expect the odd email then ha ha.:)

GOLF GT TDI
has anyone actully done this i really wanna do mine in blue, also when u remove the dash doesnt the information such as milage etc get reset?

Clio 172
If it did, every time you changed your battery the mileage would reset. I'm guessing there's some sort of memory system like a computer.

GOLF GT TDI
yeah suppose so i got a set of clio sport dials out of my cousins clio sport ill to a practise on first lol

Clio 172
The light holes in the dash have an orange look about them. Is this a film that needs removing or do I need to buy a new dial face?

GOLF GT TDI
how easy is it to change the colour of the dials where the temparature controls are, id also love to the the window switches as well :)

Clio 172
I have the parts from Dinks link, but also bought a set from ebay as it included some instructions. The parts are only worth about £1.30, and the ebay guy charges about £15. Not a bad return that. If i find it quite easy I'd consider offering this as a service. Dash comes out in 10 days and i'll be doing it then. Keep you all posted.

Clio 172
I've bottled it and decided to sendit to a guy of this forum who does it. By the time I've bought a soldering iron etc the saving isn't worth the hassle.

Clio 172
Just got mine back and installed, looks great. gone on holiday now, so I'll post pics when i return (of lights, not holiday).

Audi TT 225
Thats a damn easy £50 lol, a monkey could do it in 30 mins lol

Ive done everything appart from the window switches and the air con panel. Done the centre console, door open and seatbelt icons, the door locking button thingy, the hazard button (yes I know thats naughty) and obviously the dials but Ive also done the indicators, dipped & front fog icons, the imobilizer one that flashes when its locked. It looks mint but my cams crap at night pics lol

dash01.gif

dash03.gif

Anyone got pics in red?

Last edited:
  2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Is it possible to get different needle colours like in the pug 206? Was thinking blue numbers, red needles :cool:

Recaro Black Gold 182
RichMcc said:
Thats a damn easy £50 lol, a monkey could do it in 30 mins lol

Ive done everything appart from the window switches and the air con panel. Done the centre console, door open and seatbelt icons, the door locking button thingy, the hazard button (yes I know thats naughty) and obviously the dials but Ive also done the indicators, dipped & front fog icons, the imobilizer one that flashes when its locked. It looks mint but my cams crap at night pics lol

dash01.gif

dash03.gif

On the centre console did you have to change the film if so where did you get the film and bulbs from?

Cheers

Audi TT 225
sand the film on the orange side with very fine wet and dry to strip the paint off.
Then cut a piece of paper the same size as the film and place them both in ;)
That pic was when I used 2 LED's but the spots looked naff so I did some custom shiznits with some SMD's.

It looks bright cuz my cam doesn't work so good in the dark lol