ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red immobiliser light staying on????

CLIO 1.5 DCI I-MUSIC
Just wanted to follow this up. We solved the problem our DCI by changing the ecu relay (7700414484) and there have been no problems since.

I've also since come across a solid red light twice on a kangoo and my DCI. Kangoo was solved with the relay again. My DCI has a loose gearbox earth.

Check both above points for solid red light. Do all your wiper/window/locking functions work. If they are also dead it's a sign of UCH failure. Relays are located in the engine bay fuse box. Look for the smallest ones.

Yeah windows e.c.t work but car won't start so will have it towed to garage.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Have you tried the things I suggested? Mic has made it sound scarier that it is ;)

Jesus I didn't tell him his **** would shrivel and his 1st born would be required as sacrifice. If saying that a generic CAN fault is "scary" to you then don't ever leave your house.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Jesus I didn't tell him his **** would shrivel and his 1st born would be required as sacrifice. If saying that a generic CAN fault is "scary" to you then don't ever leave your house.

Lol. I mean the OP may not understand the technical terms as he is looking to take it to the garage;simmer, it's Sunday.

Ciaran, you should try and swap the small relays in the fuse box around. The car won't start because the immobiliser is armed. For the sake of £10 it would be worth trying to replace the engine relay instead of a large outlay having it towed to a garage

CLIO 1.5 DCI I-MUSIC
[Q UOTE=GrahamS;10481071]Lol. I mean the OP may not understand the technical terms as he is looking to take it to the garage;simmer, it's Sunday.

Ciaran, you should try and swap the small relays in the fuse box around. The car won't start because the immobiliser is armed. For the sake of £10 it would be worth trying to replace the engine relay instead of a large outlay having it towed to a garage[/QUOTE]
Will do

Clio 1500 kangoo

Hello, I have a clio 1500 diesel kangoo 2001 and have had an intermitant solid light problem for 6 months. Now its become permanent. Have changed the ecu, uch and the key transmitter with the electronic ring that slides over ignition barel yesterday. Its exactly the same. Doors open when butten is pressed but solid light and no engine heater light on. The car engine is disabled. Can you help me please. Thankyou

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Hello, I have a clio 1500 diesel kangoo 2001 and have had an intermitant solid light problem for 6 months. Now its become permanent. Have changed the ecu, uch and the key transmitter with the electronic ring that slides over ignition barel yesterday. Its exactly the same. Doors open when butten is pressed but solid light and no engine heater light on. The car engine is disabled. Can you help me please. Thankyou
Immobiliser relay in the engine bay fuse box

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Hello there, thankyou for your reply, can you tell me which relay is the Immobiliser relay please as there are several relays, thanks again Graham. Les
I can't actually remember exactly which one it is but in the fuse box there are three small black relays which all look the same. By removing them one at a time and looking at the dash you should be able to tell which one is the immobiliser one. They are interchangeable so swap them around or buy a new one if you find a duff. They look like 4/5 in the photo.
P1000855.jpg

Clio 1500 kangoo
I can't actually remember exactly which one it is but in the fuse box there are three small black relays which all look the same. By removing them one at a time and looking at the dash you should be able to tell which one is the immobiliser one. They are interchangeable so swap them around or buy a new one if you find a duff. They look like 4/5 in the photo.
P1000855.jpg
Thanks GrahamS will try that

Clio 1500 kangoo
Thanks GrahamS will try that
Hello, GrahamS. Checked the Relays and found that one of the thinner wires that goes to the first Relay had been soldered together and taped up. Although soldered they had become dry joints, so thankyou GrahamS mate it running ok. Les