ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend Me A Sub & Amp........

Astra Twintop
Have ordered my Alpine HU, Got Alpine's up front and rear.

wanting now a Alpine sub....

not sure whether to get a 10" or 12" one..

not bought a amp either....

have NO IDEA about ICE so be nice!!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Best doin a search on it mate, been to many threads bout this an ppl get bored of talkin bout it. (hense the no replies)

Cayman S Edition 1
I have a FLY sub with built in AMP sitting in the loft if you're interested. Drop me a PM.

PH2 172
Flie subs are s**t go for the Alpine type R sub and V12 amp thats what sextons recomened me for one of my cars once what alpines have you got up the front and what ones you got up the rear as im going alpine got the headnit just not sure what to ge ton the speakers.

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
I wouldnt use that sub box supplied in that package though. Get the Alpine sub box, it makes a big big difference.

PH2 172
Yeah ok maybe but its still a good deal same equipment that you showed but it has the wiring to all he has to do is find an apline box it would still sound good with this box just some people abit picky iv had a 12" sub in a box like that in one of my Gtis and was loud as f**k

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
yeh its deffently a good deal :) Just saying theres no point spending money on a top class amp/sub and putting it in a cheap box, it makes a big difference. but buy that package, and sell the enclosure on. Thats what im going to do now since ive seen that package :) I can also sell on the wiring kit as i already have the car wired.

PH2 172
exactly its a good deal alpine boxes are proberly very expensive and yeah would soud better but not alot because my mate had 2 sony subs in them boxes and went to a sound of and it pushed out more DB than my mates vibes which was properly done i was amazed when i heard that lol

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Flie subs are s**t go for the Alpine type R sub and V12 amp thats what sextons recomened me for one of my cars once what alpines have you got up the front and what ones you got up the rear as im going alpine got the headnit just not sure what to ge ton the speakers.

well theres different classes, if you want decent ones for slightly less go for the Type S there last years Type R so your getting extremly good speakers for alot less in my 106 i had alpine head unit, Type S door speakers, Type E 6x9's (with covers on im not chav lol) and a Type R sub and V12 amp with a decent wiring kit aswell and they were a good combo even tho i had 3 different classes they worked well together and were really loud only had to have it on 18 n it was silly loud, also dynamat is required otherwise you'll vibrate

PH2 172
Im going to get the type R front components type R rear speakers Type R 12" sub and Alpine amp i think this will sound really good and have some bass in it

PH2 172
Cuz thats going to weight alot more and i dotn want it really bassy just the right amount over wise the missus will end up moaning my brothers got the type R stuff and its really good

Cayman S Edition 1
It isn't s**t and saves all the agro of installing seperate components. We're not using it in our RS's becuase of weight issues.

Works...kind of...
That Alpine R is an awesome sub. Great all rounder and very musical.

I personally wouldn't buy the Alpine ported box either. Get a custom one made. 2.25cu/ft tuned to 35Hz should do the trick. :)

Clio 200 Cup
Alpine are very expensive, but you get what you pay for. I got 2 Alpine Type R 10" subs and the Alpine MRV 1507 amp off ebay a while back for £350 second hand. The setup sounds awesome