ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Seat info - updated

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
I have bought brand new Recaro's from Demontweeks. Opted on the full leater with belt gides, for the £ I dident whant the swade ones, as swade bobles. Guna get back bench and side panals retrimed in leater to match. Recaro's (full lether) + Subframe's and air bag plugs cost £1,400. Sould be arriving next Tuesday hopefully.

clio 182 cup
hi people i have just bought myself these seats from a mate for my 182 cup only thing is they are the ones without the factory fiited belt guides i was just wondering if the belt guides can still be fitted and if so how easy is this,any input would be great.
thanks.

Clio 182 Cup
Picked these up on eGay for £400 bnib ;) Suckers paying twice that for 2nd hand Trendlines :rasp: I'm led to believe they are Sportlines (model up) and are OE in ATR's.

Noob question; does a 182 Cup have side airbags?

Where did people find the best deal was for the subs? I'm not arsed about using the Recaro handle.

Do I need to buy any bolts?

Any help at all appreciated.
Cheers

2522377801a8487897569l.jpg

white leon cupra R
my 182 cup came with the buckets and ive added the leather rear bench ..... looks the b****cks like that....

also does your clip on the runners keep breakin?? the clip that makes the chair go back in its original posistion when lifted forward to let people in the back???

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Picked these up on eGay for £400 bnib ;) Suckers paying twice that for 2nd hand Trendlines :rasp: I'm led to believe they are Sportlines (model up) and are OE in ATR's.

Noob question; does a 182 Cup have side airbags?

Where did people find the best deal was for the subs? I'm not arsed about using the Recaro handle.

Do I need to buy any bolts?

Any help at all appreciated.
Cheers

2522377801a8487897569l.jpg

iirc the 182 cups don't have side air bags.

Black Gold Trophy
Just got some second hand recaros for my girlfriends 182, is it normal for them to take a substancial amount of effort to return the backrest to the upright position after tilting them forwards?
They also don't slide very easily on the runners, I'm assuming they just need greasing?

Clio Sport 182 Cup-packed
Cheers mates

is it possible fitting the Recaros of the Megane R26 straight into my full fat 182? Or do I need new subframes or consoles?

Thx for your help

Max

Clio Trophy
Just got some second hand recaros for my girlfriends 182, is it normal for them to take a substancial amount of effort to return the backrest to the upright position after tilting them forwards?
They also don't slide very easily on the runners, I'm assuming they just need greasing?
Yes the seats are difficult to return to upright position. I have a trophy and there is a nack to it. You slide the chair backwards and forwards using any part of the chair, and then when you want to put the chair back to upright position, you have to do it using the very top part of the chair where your head would touch if you put it back.

Hope this helps

Clio 172 RS2
Cheers mates

is it possible fitting the Recaros of the Megane R26 straight into my full fat 182? Or do I need new subframes or consoles?

Thx for your help

Max

You'll be needing new subframes with runners!
Disliking the R26 R stitching... kinda like Seat Leon Cupra / VW Golf R32 typo.

renaultsport-megane-r26r-interior-seats.jpg

But why not fit Recaro Sportster CS seats as seen in the Clio II RS phase III.

Renault partsnumber.:
Leather/Alcantara reference 6000072864 : 1490 euro

You can get these from Recaro but without the Renault Sport stitching!
And with or without side-airbags.

siege%20RECARO%20clio%203RS.jpg

330 Ci
Could someone clear something up for me.. Do all Trendline seats come with the side lever to allow passengers into the rear of the car? (Like on the 182 seats) - Or can they be bought without?

Pics would be good also if anyone has them.

Cheers! :)

clio 182 & clio dci
Hello to all, I would like to ask you some questions.
I wish to buy récaros for my clio rs 2004 ( 182 ) but I wish to keep(preserve) the internal harmony of the car. So i want a sport trendline or a sportster CS, but I am french, and I don't know the name in English of fabrics(tissues) used for clio rs on 2004

in french it's cuir/alcantara and in english i know that "cuir" = "leather" but I don't know which is the translation of "alcantara"

i want the same fabric than the clio 2 rs trophy's seat

i have looked on the website that you've quoted at the beginning of the post because it's cheaper than the recaro web site

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/

i suppose that it's "dynamica" but i prefer to ask you before

excuse me for my poor english :eek:
Thanks to Reverso (translator website) for the help which it brings me

330 Ci
cuir/alcantara = Leather/Alcantara (en anglais ;) - Alcantara is exactly the same)

Capital Seating don't have it listed on their site, however i'm sure if you rang them they'd be able to source a pair for you as they have for a few members on here!

182 Cup
i have the recaros in my cup, and blacked out rear windows so from the outside you cant tell its a cheapo rear bench. i have a harness on the driver seat so no-one sits behind me and very rarely have anyone in the back, when i have they've not even noticed what their sat on......so ill live with them as they are, money would be better spent elsewhere. leathers look good though

Black Gold Trophy
Some further info for those interested:

The subframes fitted to Trophys and any other 182 that had the trendlines fitted from factory are different to those that you can buy aftermarket from Recaro.
You can tell if the subframes are aftermarket as the mounting brackets that sit on the inside (closest the handbrake lever) have a large hole drilled in them (about an inch in diameter at a guess) where as the ones on a 182 with factory recaros wont. There are other differences, but this one is the most obvious.
The aftermarket ones are also lower, hence why the Renault slide handle fouls the seat as seen on the guide listed on www.cliomods.com

Also the seats differ ever so slightly depending on whether they were fitted to the car from factory or aftermarket. The factory ones have a leather headrest whereas the aftermarket ones have a dinamica suede headrest.

The resistors you get from the likes of capital seating to extinguish the airbag light are also universal and therefore different to the ones you'll find on a 182 with
factory fitted Recaros.

2004 Clio 172
Anyone has any luck disabling the airbag and service light? I've those lights on ever since I've put the Recaro seats on. Went to local dealership to see if they can help out with that. They told me they could, but the lights may come back......

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Anyone has any luck disabling the airbag and service light? I've those lights on ever since I've put the Recaro seats on. Went to local dealership to see if they can help out with that. They told me they could, but the lights may come back......

The airbag module can be turned off using the renault clip system. I'd be suprised if a renault dealer would do this - but hey ho.
RS tuner module will also do it, I believe.
Any garage with a clip system can do it - I went to DDC (doncaster) and it was done for £25. Mick @ diamond motors on here etc etc will offer this service. Once its deactivated, its deactivated - so not sure what your garage is on about (unless they were going to try the resistor trick lol).

Black Gold Trophy
I went to the breakers yard today, cut the airbag plugs off of some dynamique seats, then soldered some resistors onto the remains of the wires coming out the plugs.
Makes it nice and easy to just plug them in and then unplug them when you want to refit your old seats. Alternatively you could get an airbag computer out of a cup
that's being broken for bits.

Clio RS 172 mk 2000
Is anyone familiar with the striped Recaro seats? According to http://www.cliotrophy.ch they were fitted into Clio Trophy's. But I cannot find any evidence, just two pictures of the seats only on ebay. I haven't found any other pictures, all Trophy's I found had the black alcantara/leather recaro seats.. Anyone here with pictures and information? What are they:

recaro.jpg

I actually quite liked the look of them compared to the ones that we got, there was a set on French eVay a while back and they were going for double what a set here cost!

So if I were to source a 2nd hand set out of a Honda Torneo Euro complete with the subframes/rails - ( some of these cars have the Trendlines in them). Would they fit straight in to my 182, or do I need to buy some Recaro/Clio rails as well ?

Sorry if a dumb question....bear with me :-( I did look for answers.

Sprint 172
You still need Clio specific Recaro seat frames. My seats were originally out of a Honda Integra....
seats1_zps15e6b767.jpg

​ You can see the subframes they are sitting on.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Slight bump on this. Anyone know what resistors are needed to fit into the plugs to remove the airbag and service light?

Cheers
Chris

Silverstone GP
Does anybody know of somewhere that the inevitable wear/scuff marks on the seat bolsters, caused by rubbing when getting in and out, can be treated? Preferably in the South West.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Slight bump on this. Anyone know what resistors are needed to fit into the plugs to remove the airbag and service light?

Cheers
Chris

I'm on my phone at the moment but if you look in my progress thread where I put the trophy recaros in my car I mentioned it in there.

Sam.

Clio Cup 200
Hi guys, first post here so be gentle.
Will the Recaro's fitted in a Megane 265 fit in a 2009 Clio Cup 200?

Clio Cup 200
As far as I know, the recaro sportsters in the mk3 Clio and mk3 megane are a straight swap.

I hope so. I'm picking the car up tomorrow (fingers crossed) and on the way back home I'm picking up the Recaro seats that were taken out of a Megane 265.
I've got a feeling I'll need to change the sub-frames.