ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Seat info - updated

Ha de ha...

What I meant was is there any news/update on these - anyone managed to buy a set and fit them OK, inc. resetting the warning light...

106 GTi
I have decided I am not going to bother biding on the second hand Trophy seats again and going down the brand new route, if you buy the seats , can you buy the same subframes Renault use and bolt them to the extisting sliders of the normal seats as they do at the factory?

Cheers

Rich

106 GTi
I reckon the Trophy seats are going to go for close to what you can get some brand spankers for.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^^ Stopped at 700...i dont think they will be worth buying above £750...Does anybody on here have a bid in?

Are you getting new Rich? Where from and what money is involved?

What some people are failing to realise is that you can sell you current sport seats to lowering spec clio's for £250ish...

Tyson.

106 GTi
Tyson-182 said:
^^^ Stopped at 700...i dont think they will be worth buying above £750...Does anybody on here have a bid in?

Are you getting new Rich? Where from and what money is involved?

What some people are failing to realise is that you can sell you current sport seats to lowering spec clio's for £250ish...

Tyson.

According to this thread they are about 1k odd new plus the subframes. Not sure where I will be buying from yet where ever I can get the best deal. I started bidding on the ebay seats the first time round before they got removed, but looking at what they may go for it will probably be close to the price of a pair of new ones. As the interior in mine is immaculate, I don't fancy putting in a pair of seats that look in worse condition and have done more miles than my standards.

If th ebay seats looked to be around 600-800 then i would have considered it.

106 GTi
I think they would clean up ok, its hard to tell in the pics.

Mate is in Nottingahm picking up some wheels on Sat, so hopefully it will be possible to tie in visit and see these seats then.

But for that money they would need to be mint. Only part of the seats that I care about on ebay would be the subframes.

Depending on the type of accident you might find the seats/subframes could be twisted. Hardly seems worth it for the money they went for when you could buy a brand new set for not much more...

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^ Same with the wheels, but they dont look to be twisted. Hard to tell really from the pics, but surely worth taking the risk?

Tyson.

Turbos.
I just don't get ebay, there is the possibility of the seats being fooked but people are still willing to trust in luck and throw almost £700 at them :S

If the seats were a few hundred quid, you might take a chance. But at that price you'd be better off with new!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
The seats in question have various marks / scuff on the plastic backs and small mud stains on the suede... I have asked the guy and he made no comment sold as e-bay pics...!

Im ordering the racro seats next month, with the recaro subframs. all in about £1200.

but now i need to find out how to fit them, and take care of the airbag lights.

if i trick the airbags light with the resistor trick, and use my original seat belt clips, will the pre tension and front airbags still work etc...

any guides or help would be great.

cheers

Mondeo STTDCI
The seats cleaned up mint. There are some slight scratches on the plastic rear but they came up nicely with some zymol vinyl cleaner.

Yoz clipped my car plugs into the seats and the pretensioners work fine. The subframes were perfect even the bolts were fine so no problems there. The "mud" on them vacc'd straight off.

Im going to Portsmouth for Mike to clear my airbag lights by telling the car on the clip its a trophy.

Sorted!

Last edited:
Update.

Will be putting recaros in my Full fat 182 after all. mmmmmm!!!

Went and picked up the recaros on Tues from deemon tweeks, and going to be fitting them over the weekend.

in the end i went for them without the seat belt guides, to give that more OEM look, even tho the recaros come with them when you get them from renault.

can some one post pics for me, when i take them, as i dont know how to do it.

cheers

jamie

106 GTi
Nice one looking forward to seeing the pics. Whats the costs involved if you dont mind?

Host the pics in an account like at www.photobucket.com - once uploaded just copy and paste the links into a post.

will do so when ive fitted them and got some pics.

thet cost in total 1220, inc sub frames. and £30 for the dealer to turn off the airbags.

fitting seems easy enough, but ill let you know sunday night. lol

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
I take it the seat belt buckle bit isn't mounted on the seat that is removed to make way for the Recaros, i.e. no modification to seat belts required.

Steve

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
greer182 said:
Update.

Will be putting recaros in my Full fat 182 after all. mmmmmm!!!

Went and picked up the recaros on Tues from deemon tweeks, and going to be fitting them over the weekend.

in the end i went for them without the seat belt guides, to give that more OEM look, even tho the recaros come with them when you get them from renault.

can some one post pics for me, when i take them, as i dont know how to do it.

cheers

jamie

how did these go in the end?

i want some :)

Ive fitted them, just need to take pics and post them.

if anyone wants to post them.

they where ok to fit, just the quality of the subframes is a bit rough.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Its all about the Sportster CS's chaps. I'd be looking at getting a set of those in your cars now instead of the Trendlines.
Sportster_CS_160px.jpg

As an aside, Trendlines can now be had for the bargin price of £432 each from Capital seating. I don't know what that includes, or if its any cheaper than before.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
im thinking of getting the recaros. do you need to buy the subframes or do they still fit straight in as you get them? if you need to get the subframes? where can you buy them from? i have searched and cant find them anywhere.

help please

cheers

cp