ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Seat removal issue!

S'trollin on size 7s
I have come accross a major problem when removing my rear seats.
There is a black fixing point on the boot floor that attaches to both the single and the 3qtr part of the rear seats.
this is held together with a round torx bolt that goes directly through the 2 plates attached to each seat.

It refused to move with the normal torx tool and was just spinning and slipping out.
a friend attempted to drill it out, and this has also had no effect in the slightest.

so I am now stuck with a rounded off torx bolt that wont budge!!.

Anyone come across this issue before and how did you resolve it.? I need these out as I am selling them.

Thanks
Graeme

S'trollin on size 7s
well the chap buying them will do, but as far as my cars concerned it doesnt matter if anything gets buggered.

We were thinking this. I'll be able to get hold of a new bolt, aslong as i dont damage the mount or seat itself.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Angle grind the top of the bolt off.

That was the only way I could get mine out.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I assume you mean the one at the bottom here:
IMG_1609-1.jpg

If you've rounded it, you need a grinder.

Next time, use more WD40 and a bigger breaker bar ;)

If you mean the other one. You need a slap ...

Ph2 Clio 172
Welcome to the club.

50% of people who try to remove the rear seats do this. Its because the thread sticks outs the bottom of the car and is exposed to the elements and therefore rusts to hell.

If I decide to get rid of mine I will grind it off.

ITB BG 182
Reverse threaded bolts? drill a hole into it as much as possible and stick the RT bolt in and off you go.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
When I was trying to get it out, ended up using a blow torch underneath while my mate hammered a large fflat head screwdriver into the bolt, and used plenty of WD from top and bottom. Took about half an hour to get it out.

When I put the seats back in I just used a normal bolt.

RenaultSport 172
I'm having the same problem with mine, only I angle grinded the thing off and the seats still don't come out. I thought you guys said the bolt at the front of the car just holds the brackets together?

Ph2 Clio 172
From what I remembered from when I tried (and failed) to remove my seats, you need to remove both the torx bolts in the middle as well as one each side that holds the isofix bar in.

Should probubly get round to grinding mine off.

Just grind the head off, and make sure you don't damage the bracket.
Whoever buys it can just use the existing one from their old seats. Or get one from Renault. Doubt it'll cost much.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
i rounded mine off, but then managed to jam a big allen key into the top, it then unscrewed and screwed back in again!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ugh.. mine is now stuck in my second clio. no angle grinder to get it off, think ill try the hammer and chissel idea!

Grinding the head off leaves the rest of the thread still in place... how do you fix the new bolt in then?