ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really Need Some HELP!!

Clio RS 197
Right,

I have bought a slightly damage 197 to fix and repair.

(I do also own a 197 which is my pride and joy too lol)

But no panel damage which is lucky.

Im repairing it myself.

I need a rear axel/beam for my Clio 197.

At Renault they are £671 including VAT for a bare beam (Dick turpin wore a mask!)

I no somebody in the trade and a can get one at cost which is £531 including VAT. Which is better but not great.

I have been on find-a-part and a few other simular sites everyday and no joy!

I have had a breif look at the French Ebay and no joy i have tried to find a website like find-a-part in France but obviously its abit hard when i only speak English lol.

I looked into buying an X85 racer rear beam but there about £300 and need modifying, so dont really wanna go down that road!

ANY IDEAS?????

If someone found me a second hand one i would be willing to give a cash donation!!

ANYONE HELP???

PRITTY PLEASE LOL

Clio 172 Cup
have you tryed emailing some of the people selling used bits on ebay some times you get lucky

Clio 172 Cup
mmmmm i spoke to a guy off ebay who had late renault parts never no give them a bell Direct Auto Salvage 01228598555

Well you either buy an X85 one and modify it or pay Renault prices.

Those are your choices. The reason that they are hens teeth second hand is that they are designed to deform in an impact as such even minor shunts results in them being scrap.

You might get lucky eventualy so either wait and see or actualy buy a new one which is known good.

Repairing recent built bent cars, even very slightly bent ones, isn't cheap - as I think you've found out!

Cheers
M

Clio RS 197
Well you either buy an X85 one and modify it or pay Renault prices.

Those are your choices. The reason that they are hens teeth second hand is that they are designed to deform in an impact as such even minor shunts results in them being scrap.

You might get lucky eventualy so either wait and see or actualy buy a new one which is known good.

Repairing recent built bent cars, even very slightly bent ones, isn't cheap - as I think you've found out!

Cheers
M

i budgeted £2000 for repair.

So far i have a £1000 left of that budget i estimated so not going too badly.

But obviously i want one as cheap as i can....

Plus i need it out of the way lol