ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really feint hesitation/miss at light throttle

dan's cast offs.
to be honest i couldn't remember if you said you had or not, could of got away with saying i had already asked that ?

2003 Clio 172
Lol....should have blagged it eh? ;)

Done for tonight.......arthritis stops play. Will have an eyeball tomorrow am

172 Ph2
Just thought id swing by this thread and see how you got on with the injectors.... But now you're talking about PAS and aux belts! What the hell happened?
I saw you got sent an incorrect injector, but can't you just replace the faulty one/s?
And yes, a jubilee clip was fine for fitting the tensioner for me. Nice tool though.. ooh err.

2003 Clio 172
Hi bud......Renparts were super and replaced the incorrect injector overnight basically. So full set of new injectors in and idle (with 98 Ron henk map) still bumbled down to 760 rpm, almost surging up to 900ish and back down....all the time in traffic..... was doing it this am and every time I got on the gas it stalled....so it is definitely a thing. Just what thing though.

Pas is in the mix because was doing crank pulley>checked timing>squealing noise>investigate aux belt>tensioner>pas sensor split>pas

That was the general flow ;)

Fair to say it is no longer a hesitation thread as the car is fit as anything when it's going. Thread is just troubleshooting some last few niggles (and bigger ones like impending pas doom)....but sure!....we are all having a super duper time right? :p

Cheers for checking in!

J

2003 Clio 172
Not smoke tested bud and also adaptations not reset.

Hey @Simon998 bud.....that is looking like the only option but it's fairly easy and quick to swap and check. Will give you a shout bud. Appreciate it

J

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I need to swap over the inlet's anyway man, I've a set of ported ones lying in the garage I've been postponing to fit for ages. Give me a shout over the weekend.

172 Ph2
It would be a good idea to take up that offer of a TB... before buying any more parts.

I had a rough idle problem that was fixed by a £20 TB.

2003 Clio 172
Yeah bud, it would be super if that did address the issue and it is very generous of Si to offer

Will hope to give it a punt at the weekend

:)

2003 Clio 172
Right gents................while I am at it................I AM MOTIVATED HERE so bear with me.

I have a knock in my n/s drive train somewhere............specifically on a cobbled road is when it raises its head. Screams of steering/suspension to me but I just want to sound it out.

I have a habit of just replacing the top mounts every year or so to freshen things up and this has been done but did not affect the noise at all

I also replaced the bottom ball joint (only - not arm) to try and deal with this specifically but it did not change

I can feel absolutely no play in the out TRE at all.........nothing, its actually quite tight and I can pull and push on the inner arm to try and get some movement and i get nothing at all. Now, these inner arms were replaced perhaps, a couple of years ago with First Line stuff (i know, not the best) but I honestly for the life of me what else I should/could be looking at.

Outer ARB bushes are all original so are tired but I am just not convinced its them, i cannot find any slack in them. Inner ARB bushes were replaced perhaps a couple of years ago too.

Finally, steering rack bushes were done at the same time.

So.....quick question to help me focus......could the inner arms make a racket without any notable play by hand?

Also, could the n/s CV (outer) or inner tree (inside gearbox) crate a noise over cobbled surfaces? From what I see, this is the only one that would move with suspension movement as the o/s driveshaft goes to an intermediate mount before the gearbox so essentially sits straight in there.

It was the rough surface point that specifically made me focus on steering/suspension but am i missing something here?

J

could the inner arms make a racket without any notable play by hand?
No
Also, could the n/s CV (outer) or inner tree (inside gearbox) crate a noise over cobbled surfaces?
Yes had that loose noise when going over pot holes, drain covers replaced the driveshaft with a re manufactured one from Renault to fix.
Outer ARB bushes are all original so are tired but I am just not convinced its them, i cannot find any slack in them.
Worth removing as they can wear through.

2003 Clio 172
FYI. Tensioner rock solid. On the money @bloke

Pulled it and freed it (using bolts to avoid marking the insert and a little atf). Reinstalled and the noise is gone. Surprisingly awkward job to be fair but at least now I know how to do the aux belt.

Will be replacing with new aux kit as soon as I can afford it so happy to roll with it freed up for now.

Now for the next jobs :p

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I should be free this weekend man, heads been away these last few weeks. I'll drop you a message and you can try this TB.

2003 Clio 172
By means of an update, I popped into the car which had been sitting for a while yesterday and after I started it, the little rectangle with zig-zag dash light came on.

I noticed that it would not rev at all when this was on

Turned it off and back on (standard IT support approach) and it was fine but is this leaning towards the TB?

No codes shown in RSTuner or Torque

J

2003 Clio 172
Hmm, happened again however this one left a historic entry in RSTuner

1546862041136.png

2003 Clio 172
Rodger that................this evenings activity is now booked. :)

Never really gave the engine bay fuse box wiring the "go-over" it deserved though, especially the white plug so that is the first port of call

Cheers guys

J

PH2 172
Rodger that................this evenings activity is now booked. :)

Never really gave the engine bay fuse box wiring the "go-over" it deserved though, especially the white plug so that is the first port of call

Cheers guys

J

I`d start with the 90 pin ECU plug.

Servisol Super 10 seems to do the trick.

2003 Clio 172
Ok. all connections pulled and cleaned where needed, given a good coating of the connection cleaner, allowed to dry and refitted so we will see how it goes.

Had a good old hoke around the cables too and can't see any obvious breaks or anything but I appreciate it would not typically be visible.

It was actually quite surprisingly clean in there with only the big 60a fuse showing a bit of corrosion. All relays etc clean as well as the white socket.

Also pulled the TB connection and gave it a clean, blow out and coat with the connection stuff.

J