ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB or Trophy

inferno 182.
oops! forgot to put that ive got all of that aswell on my inferno!!! i like RB but why the hell didnt they drop alittle pearl in it like inferno and LY? same as a trophey!! postman pats got a van that colour! special car should have a special colour!not pillar box red! my opinion!
The RB is a stunning colour over the capsicum red.

Sachs + Recaro's + V6 Spoiler + Turinis & Then just add 182 rear seats and xenon headlights = Perfect.

Its cheaper to add the xenon lights and rear seats than buy the other bits to add to your RB

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
For me colour of car is not a big issue, Its more about the car itself and the pro's & con's of it.

I openly agree that the capsicum red paint on the trophy was a poor choice on renaults part.

I know that if i had an RB and i had my heart set on a trophy i would buy it, drive it for 4/6 months and if i thought differently about it i would sell it and go back to a FF RB

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
oops! forgot to put that ive got all of that aswell on my inferno!!! i like RB but why the hell didnt they drop alittle pearl in it like inferno and LY? same as a trophey!! postman pats got a van that colour! special car should have a special colour!not pillar box red! my opinion!

How can you of all people carp on about the colour of the Trophy, you own an inferno for god's sake's, THE worst colour ever.

The RB is a stunning colour over the capsicum red.

Sachs + Recaro's + V6 Spoiler + Turinis & Then just add 182 rear seats and xenon headlights = Perfect.

Its cheaper to add the xenon lights and rear seats than buy the other bits to add to your RB

Yes it is your right, although that would be on top of the additional funds id need to put towards the trophy. But tbh i would defo be doing that. Would the xenons plug straight in?

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Does your uncle know that the trophy is a little bit 'special' ? Personally I would love a trophy, swap the rear seats and lights with the ones on your RB.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Does your uncle know that the trophy is a little bit 'special' ? Personally I would love a trophy, swap the rear seats and lights with the ones on your RB.

All these reply's are on the wrong track. My main gripe's with the T are that it is a little underpowered and ​too heavy. ​Why does everyone want to add weight. Wrong wrong wrong. ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yup. All that weight added from when I put in the much better looking half leather rear bench means that it won't **** a rear wheel now...

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Tbh I would just spend the spare money on some coilovers that are better than the trophys and then it's all good as it will end up cheaper than going to the trophy itself, 500 ever made or not that colour just doesn't do it justice :S

He knows its a good car though tbh he deals with premium motors so i wouldnt think he has an extensive knowledge by any means. I wouldn't be taking off bits off my car to add to the trophy as it would be wrong imo. If need be i could add those things at a later date rather than tampering with the RB.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nothing wrong with the colour when it's looked after...

5797293654_5357f699cf_z.jpg

:eek:

Megane r26
I'm a trophy owner myself this is me third cliosport (ph2 172, 197 before hand), all in all I love it, the recaro's are a nice change an I consider an improvement over standard seats an the handlings awesome. The main reason I brought one was I'd hope it holds it value a little better an I've always fancied one an I don't see one everyday.

Looks very very sharp that one ^

i hope uncles one is a decent one otherwise this thread will have been entirely pointless :(

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
^^ that looks f**king incredible! shame there are so many ropey ones about now.

Cheers mate. Completely agree btw. That picture was it on 80k ish, it's on 90k now and just as fresh. Condition > Milage.

It also may be up for sale...;)

PB Clio 172
Stick with the RB, I dont see the biggie with a Trophy, never have never will. The fact it has less extras and it is meant to be top spec?? really?

Trophy colour is the worst and the fact it has 'TROPHY' written on it. Reminds me of my Renault 5 'GT TURBO' written on the side- shocking!

I love it how Trophy owners always say ' I am not bothered about xenons' then they go and fit them

RB 182 FF
The cheap vinyl decals on cars is mega tacky but at least the Porsche packs some punch to kind of pull it off and make it not so tacky!

RB 182 FF
Stick with the RB, I dont see the biggie with a Trophy, never have never will. The fact it has less extras and it is meant to be top spec?? really?

Trophy colour is the worst and the fact it has 'TROPHY' written on it. Reminds me of my Renault 5 'GT TURBO' written on the side- shocking!

I love it how Trophy owners always say ' I am not bothered about xenons' then they go and fit them

This.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Less extras? Really? Half leather rear seats and poor xenons (which I haven't fitted, FYI). I'll take the Sachs and recaros, thanks.

I love driving my Trophy, it's a great car, and all the kit on it comes as standard. I don't have to swap headlights, seats or put 'SPAX' on it or anything like that. Make your own decision Alx and I am sure whichever way you go you will be happy. There is nothing wrong with having a car that YOU think is a great car to drive.

My stance on your quandary is; if it's a good one, get the Trophy ;)

RX7 FD

You are misunderstanding "Top Spec" and end of run limited edition.

That is like saying you don't understand the Megane R26.R as you don't get back seats or a cd player. That was the end of run limited edition like the T.

The T was always a thrown together clio of some quality parts and some wierd bits. Like the wiper stalk for example.

172 Cup
Trophy's hold that special image between petrol heads too, when my bro had his you used to get people in Porsche's, m3's etc giving you the 'nod' of acknowledgement.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If I had a 182 I wouldn't swap it for a trophy unless a trophy was one of those cars I had always wanted. Getting rid of the current shouldn't be a financial choice, but what car do you want. No point in change for changes sake. Better the devil you know in many respects.

Also, have to laugh at some people in the thread slagging a trophy off for its colour or spec, seemingly for a inferiority complex. Why could anyone possibly want a trophy over a rb - shock horror.

Last edited:
Trophy is the more hailed car, probably with good reason (never driven one so I can't say)

RB is ultimately a nicer colour though, and on longer journeys I find the FF seats more comfortable (of course both of those are subjective)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
RB is a nicer colour, agreed. But capsicum is far from 's**t', as the bloke above put in such a coherent way.

Didn't see you at CSS Ed! You could've had a drive out in mine mate! Then bought it...

RB is a nicer colour, agreed. But capsicum is far from 's**t', as the bloke above put in such a coherent way.

Didn't see you at CSS Ed! You could've had a drive out in mine mate! Then bought it...

Yeah RB is nicer but CR comes very very close imho.

I was parked right at the back corner for the first half of the day, then I moved opposite Aucky.

I'm selling mine too. Swap? LOL

PB Clio 172
You are misunderstanding "Top Spec" and end of run limited edition.

That is like saying you don't understand the Megane R26.R as you don't get back seats or a cd player. That was the end of run limited edition like the T.

The T was always a thrown together clio of some quality parts and some wierd bits. Like the wiper stalk for example.

really whats up with the wiper stalk?

I agree, you have put it better in words. It looks 'thrown together' don't mean to offend them btw

Its top spec in the way the Williams was with the Clio, thats what I meant!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
CRAPSICUM RED! :D

Did you think of that all by yourself, or did your carer help?

;)

Seriously though, are you just trolling, or would you like to enlighten me as to why it's so bad?