ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB or Trophy

RX7 FD
They fit the worst wiper stalk in the world without variable intermittant setting.

The original stalk has 3 speeds. Fast, faster, super fast. There is no proper intermittant, so a common thing is to change the stalk to a 172 Cup or Dynamique one.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow for me to fit this weekend lols.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
really whats up with the wiper stalk?

It's the same one that came in the cup mate. Easy enough swap though.

It's thrown together, in the same sense that NBA All Star teams are thrown together.

RX7 FD
It's the same one that came in the cup mate. Easy enough swap though.

It's thrown together, in the same sense that NBA All Star teams are thrown together.

It is like a Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie baby. Absolutely perfect except for the small niggly issue that it was adopted.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It is like a Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie baby. Absolutely perfect except for the small niggly issue that it was adopted.

LOL! I love that analogy!

You've essentially just branded all those who say that the colour is wrong as racists, btw.

Audi A5
For me both colours are brilliant. If the deal was good and the car was good I would go for it and take that final step to the top of the cs Pyramid ;)

RB 182 FF
Did you think of that all by yourself, or did your carer help?

;)

Seriously though, are you just trolling, or would you like to enlighten me as to why it's so bad?

Feisty one you are! :rasp: I thought of it all on my own, I used the force Luke! :D I really do think common Red is a rubbish colour for a special edition... why not something different that makes you wow when you see it...?! Only my opinion so you don't have to listen obviously! Why didn't they do a Pearl white edition or something which looks a bit more special and thought out than common everyday red...?! :S

RX7 FD
Feisty one you are! :rasp: I thought of it all on my own, I used the force Luke! :D I really do think common Red is a rubbish colour for a special edition... why not something different that makes you wow when you see it...?! Only my opinion so you don't have to listen obviously! Why didn't they do a Pearl white edition or something which looks a bit more special and thought out than common everyday red...?! :S

Compared to the common as muck white cars we have on the roads already?

I see many more grey/silver/black/white cars on the road than I do red ones. People want that smouldering German brute of a car look nowadays, rather than a fun colour which makes you smile. Red I would say is in the minority.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
So it being common makes it a crap colour? Surely, if all 500 were made in white, it would be just as common? Ergo = just as crap?

RX7 FD
Well I don't know how many PEARL white cars you see but I don't see many at all..................................

It is still a shade of white.

How many CAPISCUM Red cars do you see on the road....not that many either. Ergo.........Capiscum Red is a win colour.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
It is still a shade of white.

How many CAPISCUM Red cars do you see on the road....not that many either. Ergo.........Capiscum Red is a win colour.

Because motorsport pedigree?

renault-clio-2003-capsicum-red-hatchback-expression-1-2-16v-3dr-9f7e770b5df0cc30125fcbb8072967a1-m2.jpg

:)

ph1 172,M3 e92
:rolleyes: at the color discussion

Harry Metcalfe owns his Trophy for 5 years and even if it doesn't get much use because he has a shitload of other cars he refuses of selling it.Just two weeks ago he put up for sale his Lotus 340r which he owns for 10 years to make some garage space.Enough said !

For the OP : go for it,but always have a test drive in one before you decide,if you feel not any difference in the Trophy compared to your 182 than obviously keep what you have,if the Trophy drives better and its worth upgrading from what you actually have than its up to you.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't want this thread to descend into "my colour is nicer than yours" but does anyone know how many RB 182s were sold in the UK?

PB Clio 172
They fit the worst wiper stalk in the world without variable intermittant setting.

The original stalk has 3 speeds. Fast, faster, super fast. There is no proper intermittant, so a common thing is to change the stalk to a 172 Cup or Dynamique one.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow for me to fit this weekend lols.

I didnt know that. That is one of those things that would bug the hell out of me!

Renault are werid at times!

take it Trophy's dont have Auto wipers

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I didnt know that. That is one of those things that would bug the hell out of me!

Renault are werid at times!

take it Trophy's dont have Auto wipers

Nope. They're essentially a 182 cup with expensive trick bits.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Meh, 1*2's aren't luxuary cars, no matter how many auto features/much leather you throw at it. Creature comfort's should be a welcome extra on them, rather than models getting dismissed due to the lack of them.

172 Cup
I'm not sure if some of the comments on here are tongue in cheek or wether half of you have the mentality of 12 year olds lol.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I don't want this thread to descend into "my colour is nicer than yours" but does anyone know how many RB 182s were sold in the UK?

Here is the sales data for the 182 with colour and numbers sold

Data.gif

Also when done CR is a stunning colour when looked after altho i do preffer RB

37603.gif

37601.gif

37606.gif

37605.gif

37604.gif

Megane r26
Can't believe this threads still so active, at the end of the day opinions are always going to be biased. Trophy owners are going to say trophy an a majority of non trophy owners are gonna say rb. Rb is a great colour no doubt but I'd rather be behind the wheel of a trophy ;) As for luxury comments regarding 1*2's well thats just the funniest thing I've read, its a hot hatch! If you want luxury get down your local merc dealer. I've not long returned back from Germany after a ring trip an the amount of looks an comments I got off foreigners mainly about my trophy was astonishing.

Megane r26
some don't like them but if you dont like turn them off- simple

More options is a good thing. Or if you dont like auto lights turn them off too

Yeah more options is a good thing but I thing when buying a trophy your not really going for the options such as auto lights etc.

Tbh it would be cool to own possibly one of the best drivers cars made. As has been said people in the know would respect the trophy for being just that.

Fiesta ST200
Trophy for me all day. And I had a 182 cup in RB with stripes. And yozza.

It was bundles of fun and I do miss it. I would still rather have a trophy to be honest.

I quite fancy a trophy after the 200 actually.