ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rather a basic Mk1 question

hey,

i have come to the conclusion that my next track car should be a MK1, and as you have probably guessed by now i dont have a clue with clios!

Now this is my main question.

engines out of the question, a engine-less 1.2 and a engineless 1.8 os there any differances with the shells? i obviously assume there will be a differace with brakes, suspension, looms etc?

as this will be a project i dont want to find a tidy 1.2 car and then discover that its more trouble than its worth! with engne conversions and the like

Thanks a lot, Tomm

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Valver/Willy shells have wider arches, wider track, and are just generally better.

You can pick up a cheap dog for about £400. I personally wouldn't bother going down the 1.2 route.

thanks for clearing thats up! Its what i suspected but wasnt 100% sure, i didnt want to go pointing out what diffrences i thought i had found when i didnt have a clue!

ZX6R B1H
lol, go for a vauxhall then. Engine conversions are easy as pie and most the family share parts. :p

found one which was looking ok till i got to the rear arch >_< ouch

!!p5TS8gB20~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLl0T+JBJ1UgY4mlQ~~_12.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^^ 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% of them will look like that - if they don't then it'll be hiding under a layer of filler!

Can't tell you how much money I spent on my willys arches..

wow seriously that bad! am honestly shocked!

Considering it has a snapped cam belt and that amount of damage to the rear arch i will probably give that one a miss!

williams and trophy
^^^^ 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% of them will look like that - if they don't then it'll be hiding under a layer of filler!

Can't tell you how much money I spent on my willys arches..

not all of em daz......the good ones are still on spotless original arches ;)