ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raspberry Pi

Polo + Micra
Anybody going to get one when they are released ?

have a look here to find out what it is does

it is basically a £22 pc

AK

M240i
My mates really looking forward to this.

Said he'll use it as a media player for his NAS storage as it has an HDMI port IIRC.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Only heard about these last week at work. The sky is the limit if these things take off. They will make giving out Powerpoint presentations and assorted PDFs on a USB stick look positively archaic.

A marketeers dream.

D.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The CPU is covered by a whole load of NDA's. The accelerated graphics are provided through binary only blobs and the 1080p demonstrations are obviously tailored to what the graphics core provides native decoding for and therefore the CPU won't have been involved much.

It boots directly from SD card and doesn't have any on board flash. The model a doesn't have Ethernet and has only 128 meg of ram. The model B includes Ethernet and 256 meg of ram. Old school computer users will get the model a and b references.

I suspect a lot of people will buy them and then they'll just sit in a draw doing nothing.

Listerine & Poledo
they're about as powerful as an entry-level smartphone, so if your basic HTC can deal with it, these will.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's a good idea, but think I'll stick with an ATV to stream my media to.

The thing is, it's a start. Like I said, if they somehow take off, then potentially the door is wide open for more powerful/capable options. I'll be keeping an eye out on these for sure - purely for curiosity's sake, if nothing else.

D.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
can't see why not but you'd have to get a screen that would be useable which might cause a problem

7" Double DIN Touch Screen and the Double Din Sized Case inc PSU can b had for around $300.

BIG SD card for your music, Custom Linux, job done?

Polo + Micra
7" Double DIN Touch Screen and the Double Din Sized Case inc PSU can b had for around $300.

BIG SD card for your music, Custom Linux, job done?

i'm not sure how good a picture you would get through the composite video out but the rest is easy

Bumder With A Buffer
th_14022009030.jpg

PC140137.jpg

Think that was a Genarc. That was it before I made the new surround. Then I got bored and sold it all.

I still have a few bits left mind.

Im quite tempted by one of these though. Although I imagine il buy it then it will just sit on my desk doing fcuk all.

Arctic 182 FF
Have a look the on the official forum for some "what will it do" threads/posts. A lot of ideas of there, especially if your good with programming and can customise linux. Looks cool!

Polo + Micra
i think once it goes wild and the hackers get hold of them they'll come on leaps and bounds

i could have a lie in tomorrow but might set my alarm clock

Octy VRS
I quite fancy one for XBMC possibilities but have just bought a Sumvision Cyclone 2+ which is doing an amazing job playing all my media. Not sure what else I'd use it for.

Bumder With A Buffer
Pffft good luck with that. Farnell had "limited stock" and their website crashed (that website falls on its arse when more then 10 people are on it it seems).

RS components dont "have stock" but apparently will send them out the end of this week if you register interest. I believe they will go to certain companies/individuals who are a "good customer".

Bumder With A Buffer
IMO they fcuked up using Farnell and RS for the "launch". They would of been better off doing what they said they were going to do and do 1000 preorders, then going into partnership with Farnell/RS with a "proper" release.

None of this register interest malarky.

172 Cup
IMO they fcuked up using Farnell and RS for the "launch". They would of been better off doing what they said they were going to do and do 1000 preorders, then going into partnership with Farnell/RS with a "proper" release.

None of this register interest malarky.

I agree. I have registered interest with RS but not sure what to expect.