ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rarest clio? Also whats the fastest 1.2 on here?

Shed.
i wana put mine on a rolling road, just for the laugh LOL..............someone said the ECU's adjust depending on how hard you drive it over time.......its pushed to the limits most of the time, IMO i think its overfuelling seems to pop and bang like f**k, all the time, and stink of petrol

i was told the harder you drive the 1.2 the more it goes, mine pops and bangs like a tw@ and running decat it stinks

If you keep the revs under 3k when driving it (changing gear normally at 2.5k) and come to booting it again itll be faster. Never hear that though. And i beat the living s**t out of mine when i drive it on backroads.

M

mini-valver

i was told the harder you drive the 1.2 the more it goes, mine pops and bangs like a tw@ and running decat it stinks

If you keep the revs under 3k when driving it (changing gear normally at 2.5k) and come to booting it again itll be faster. Never hear that though. And i beat the living s**t out of mine when i drive it on backroads.

LOL! What a crock of shite. If you believe that you believe:-Unplug the ECU, it'll reset it and give you power. Also, NOS octane booster in your fuel will make your car miles faster, even though it's mapped for 95-98 RON.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my old 1.2 16v was rr'd at 84bhp, could probably have got 1 or 2bhp more from it if i maped it.

as said above mine used to pop bang and stink like f**k with the decat was brilliant lol

VaVa
mini-valver.... you're shattering all my knowledge here. I also heard that leaning forward whilst accelerating will knock a second off you 0-60... Is that not true either?

saner has a petrol blue 182, and yeah not many in thatcolour and acid yellow? v6 is it? or 182 i did read about it but not sure on which clio but only 6 and 2 crashed, the two that crashed had full leather interior the other 4 have half leather, 1 is a defiante write off and 1 needs bout 10k or repair work to put it back on the road, its good what you hear at a clio meet lol
Close, there are eight acid yellow vees, one was crashed (it belonged to tapias on here)

The 'un heard of v6 colours' thread is pretty good for some rare examples. As said James has the only deep bronze one, there is a moonlight blue one too (iirc a woman from renault owned it)

Illiad Mk1's, only eight of those. Rockin !:D

M

mini-valver

LOL at all the power mods! Take the air filter out, more air gets in-Air = POWWWAAAHHHHHH

172 Clio Extreme
reading the spec mine is 103mph top speed ..

taking everything weight wise out tho ..

so il get bak 2 u .. coz there never right :)

Monaco Ph2 172
Can't see if anyone has mentioned it, but surely one of the rarest Clio's must be the 172 Exclusive?

No, not really. There are only 30 or so sunflower yellow mk1 172's so they beat the exclusive in terms of rarity. I think there were only 100 or so black mk1 172's too, so they beat the exclusive too.

Clio 1.2 Billabong
theres a 172 or 182 on autotrader thats in petrol blue with recaros etc. apparently its the only one in that colour with that spec in the uk.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
How is a 1.2 8v rare?

My mates got one and I've seen loads driving about.

I think colour/accessory options are fairly redundant, as we all know there are a few variants that there are only 1 of (like a Glacier R27 or the Bronze Vee) and to be honest if you picked one of the odd Vee colours you were pretty much guaranteed a rare car.

I would guess that the Exclusive Ph1 172 would have to be right up there as a specific model in its own right.

Ph-Sold!
Can't remember the original post but a guy in the UK had one of these, totally true IIRC

23012007081.jpg

RB 182 Special.
Cheers for that. I did a search for it after I put that post up before but that pics better than the ones I found. Did it come out of the factory like that?