ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ramair induction kit

clio sport 182 cup
I've fitted a ramair induction kit on my 182 it sounds great..the engine management light didn't initially come on but now has done ..a friend said don't worry it's because the air filter has changed and the car thinks there's to much air now...any help should I be worried..by the way the car runs fine

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've never experienced an EML after fitting an induction kit.

I'd say it was something else. If it drives fine, I'm going for cat/lambda issues.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
As said above its not the induction kit unless the way it's been fitted has caused an unmetered air leak which is making the car run lean, but I'm not sure how you'd manage that just by fitting a different air filter. Has anything else been done to the car recently?

First thing to do is get the codes read.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, id be going with a lambda fault. I have the IK and i've never had a light come on.

Even if there was an air leak, would the EML light come on?