ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rally clio + pics

Rally Clio N3 Mk2
Hi, i totaled my last rally car and i bought an used N3 rally clio, its amazingly fast, even if the acceleration is almost the same as my last car this car has endless grip.

I didnt like the loosiness of the shifting linkage, probably due to worn out bushings so any of you know where i can get stiffer aftermaket shifting bushings?

and maybe some motor mount inserts because the clio is quite frail on gravel.

clio01bc2.jpg

clio02xj8.jpg

clio04hz3.jpg

great pictures. Is it a standard Gearbox then?
Yozzasport do some engine mounts if you have plenty of cash to spend
http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/products.php?cat=201

That price is ridiculous wtf o_o.

what about the shifting booshings?

The price is unfortunately dictated by the cost of the parts from RenaultSport as they are RenaultSport items, not "Renault".

We get a lot of people "asking" for them, but when the costs are mentioned, very few people are prepared to pay the money for them. This means that we aren't prepared to invest money in developing the part ourselves, and hence the price is ridiculous. We have spend money developing our own parts in the past to meet "demand" and all the "demand" suddenly disappears when cash is requested or the parts are available to purchase...

/y0z

clio 200 F4Rt
That price is ridiculous wtf o_o.

what about the shifting booshings?

The price is unfortunately dictated by the cost of the parts from RenaultSport as they are RenaultSport items, not "Renault".

We get a lot of people "asking" for them, but when the costs are mentioned, very few people are prepared to pay the money for them. This means that we aren't prepared to invest money in developing the part ourselves, and hence the price is ridiculous. We have spend money developing our own parts in the past to meet "demand" and all the "demand" suddenly disappears when cash is requested or the parts are available to purchase...

/y0z

will those mounts fit a standard engine in a standard car? Like for like?

bump, still no info on the shift bushings

Do you mean gearbox mounts?

will those mounts fit a standard engine in a standard car? Like for like?

http://y0z2a.blogspot.com/2008/01/blog-post.html

Yup - fit on a standard car. Group N - We have all the individual components & the complete packages for the PH1, Ragnotti, PH2 (both 172 & 182 With aircon)

Oh - and Baal - if you just uprate your dogbone mount (subframe - gearbox) it will destroy all the other engine mounts in about 50 miles of hard track use - I think you will find that they will last even less given what you are doing with the car, so I would be cautious about just uprating the gearbox stabiliser and mounts. If you do the one on top of the gearbox you will also have to strengthen the battery plate as it basically shakes it off the car.

/y0z

Last edited:
  clio 200 F4Rt
cheers Yoz.

have you fitted any yet? noticed the difference?

sorry for the thread hijack by the way!

not yet, but the bushes are noticably different.

I have more pictures which will be on the website shortly as well as individual parts available to purchase - IE - Gearbox mount, Front Subframe & Box Mount, Dogbone... but it is all taking time with updating the website & everything else - I will try and do it tonight / tomorrow.

/y0z

clio 200 F4Rt
not yet, but the bushes are noticably different.

I have more pictures which will be on the website shortly as well as individual parts available to purchase - IE - Gearbox mount, Front Subframe & Box Mount, Dogbone... but it is all taking time with updating the website & everything else - I will try and do it tonight / tomorrow.

/y0z

ok, as i am very interested!

cheers

mat

Rally Clio N3 Mk2
No i dont mean the mounts, my mounts are reinforced already.

I mean the shift linkage bushings, currently shifting feels unprecise, i miss shifts and it has some play, i want to either get some aftermarket harder bushings or to fabricate my own.

kinda like these ones for the evo
t_76632_01.jpg

Rally Clio N3 Mk2
FPMSL... i guess Yoz2a is the owner of yozzasport :p

and yeah i will machine my own bushings, probably in aluminium because the feel of the gearbox totally blows, is it a common problem with the clios?

i took a few more pictures:

clio004dh0.jpg

clio005dv6.jpg

clio006vi5.jpg

clio007rg5.jpg

clio008oy0.jpg

clio010ds2.jpg

clio011uh0.jpg

clio010ds2.jpg

Its still got aircon?

nice...

have you any idea how heavy that lot is - you could have left the whole of your interior in and just swapped the aircon compressor & got the same weight loss.

;-)

/y0z

Rally Clio N3 Mk2
i didnt even notice the A/C was still on LOL wtf, i guess the previous driver couldnt handle the heat well :p

I might remove it not because of the weight loss but because of the HP gain.