ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue ph1 ITB : 2010 track season updates

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Re: PH1 172 Track Car, abit special *ITB update*

Bored of the 1.2 badges, kept getting weird looks with them on at track days lol

photo.jpg

:)

T

thecremeegg

That car is amazing!

Qashcow

lol, love it. neat looking. how is the engine coming along? hope to meet you guys on the track next year

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

lol, love it. neat looking. how is the engine coming along? hope to meet you guys on the track next year

Craig from AP Developments has everything ready to go.

Crank is currently at the machine shop getting re-ground.

Headwork commencing next week, then bottom end balancing/assembly.

Then hopefully hooked up to an engine dyno and mapped :)

will be good to see some more CS members on track days, if you book a circuitday trackday, chances are we'll be there!

carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Got this delivered last week.
Dash2 by Race Technology
http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

IMG_0455.jpg

engine should have been completed but the billet flywheel from Ktec doesnt fit onto the crank and the locating pins dont line up. So awaiting Ktec to get some more in to do an exchange.

PS. For the north east lot ive booked a track day at Croft on the 31st May, open pit lane. You are welcome to come along and either me or Bazzon will take you round for a few laps :)

Carl

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

^^^ i was looking at the race tech dash2, is awesome isn't it, will be interested to see how you fit it...

like the badges too, they are not custom raised plastic numbers are they? just vinyls?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

^^^ i was looking at the race tech dash2, is awesome isn't it, will be interested to see how you fit it...

like the badges too, they are not custom raised plastic numbers are they? just vinyls?

will be mounted on a custom bracket which will be held to the cage using two exhaust clamps. Will look tidy when its done :)

Badges are just vinyl. Same/similar font to the renault raised font :)

carl

Got this delivered last week.
Dash2 by Race Technology
http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

IMG_0455.jpg

engine should have been completed but the billet flywheel from Ktec doesnt fit onto the crank and the locating pins dont line up. So awaiting Ktec to get some more in to do an exchange.

PS. For the north east lot ive booked a track day at Croft on the 31st May, open pit lane. You are welcome to come along and either me or Bazzon will take you round for a few laps :)

Carl
Booked up for that one so book me in for a test drive ;)

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member

so will i finally get my turn out in it? :eek:

aslong as Adrian plays nice with it :rasp:

Schma Schme 1.6l

awesome looking machine!

get ur race licence, come have some really awesome fun in the eurosaloons!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

can i ask how much that track day cost?

ive just had a look at the trackdays.co.uk site

£199 or £229 for the two dates on there!! :headno:

*edit, forget that found it on circuit days

Last edited:
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track

so will i finally get my turn out in it? :eek:

aslong as Adrian plays nice with it :rasp:

I dont even know if i can get in the car any more. Since i havent seen it since cage has been put in.

But you will be the first out this time.

octavia vRS TFSI

have you had this corner weighted yet. if so what was the total weight of the car before the cage went in. im not going to go into the engine as much i think, but i plan to do mostly handling and weight loss mods

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

not sure tbh, had it weighed early on and it was 930kg

these engines arent very good for tuning imo.

carl

octavia vRS TFSI

what do they weigh in at standard???

do you have any other good links to build threads for track clios or links to sites that are good to browse through for track parts??

loving the car though.

182 BG

Just spent the last 20 minutes or so reading through this, top job lads. I've always preferred the Ph1 shape and wish I had the time, money and patience to do something like this.

Keep up the good work!

Westfield

My Favourite RS on here ive seen so far.. Quality work there fellas.

172 Cup

I have to stop looking at this thread. Makes me realise how far my car needs to go. Loving the work mate.

alien green rs133

when is this "super duper" engine gonna be in???

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

when is this "super duper" engine gonna be in???

Spoke to Carl today, the bottom end is buit. Waiting for the Head to come back. I think it will be put together over Carls Half term Break. Its down to him though because im busy preparing for my Degree show in June.

R26

Spoke to Carl today, the bottom end is buit. Waiting for the Head to come back. I think it will be put together over Carls Half term Break. Its down to him though because im busy preparing for my Degree show in June.

He will be too busy with his new purchase :rasp:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

He will be too busy with his new purchase :rasp:

Tell me about it, hear about it everytime i speak to him. Hes even booked another track day during the week of my degree show so he can go with his new friends.

No point in changing the 182 for me it will be gone when i graduate/if i find the job i want though.

R26

Tell me about it, hear about it everytime i speak to him. Hes even booked another track day during the week of my degree show so he can go with his new friends.

No point in changing the 182 for me it will be gone when i graduate/if i find the job i want though.

Im dying to get a new car the more mine falls to pieces but im not going to, not just yet anyway!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Whenever theirs anything to do with this car...its down to me so dont bullshit :lolup:

As adrian said the bottom end is apparently built (still awaiting pics :sleepy:) and the head should be back from the machine shop by now. Time-wise i want the engine to be in by the end of this month so its ready to be mapped.

Carl

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

booked any trackdays yet?..

Our usual Croft day on the 31st May and the RSOC day on the 6th of June.

Not really booking many in advanced because after May i Graduate and have no idea how things will turn out. Ie getting a job/job searching ect.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

UPDATES! finally lol!

Pics of the bottom end getting built up. As mentioned previously...Head should be back from machine shop soon ready for Craig (AP Developments) to assemble it all together

032.jpg

036.jpg

053.jpg

061.jpg

050.jpg

Carl

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

What pistons are they? Have you gone fully forged?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

What pistons are they? Have you gone fully forged?

They are 84mm Wossner Forged High Comp pistons (making the car 2066cc)

Yeah fully forged with CatCam Lightened Conrods.

Carl