ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue ph1 ITB : 2010 track season updates

BMW M5 & E36
Re: PH1 172 Track Car, abit special *ITB update*

Do exactly that! lol. Have seen a welded in rear harness bar a few times too, same height as yours but a fair bit further back, lessening the angle.

Hi...

IMG_2857.jpg

172 Race Car

Get a harness bar welded to your current cage. seen an msv one like that before

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Do exactly that! lol. Have seen a welded in rear harness bar a few times too, same height as yours but a fair bit further back, lessening the angle.

Hi...

IMG_2857.jpg

keep that rusty mk1 out of my thread ;)

in all serious, a full cage would be best option.
welded in rear strut could be an option, hmmmm

alien green rs133

if you do weld a full cage in then get the fecking thing msa log booked and come rallying FFS :D

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

hmm, in talks now....

could get a bar welded across the back, problem is will the harness be long enough as Bazzon isnt the smallest of people.

hmmmm

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

If It was me, i'd be getting a bar welded across the MSV cage.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

hmm, in talks now....

could get a bar welded across the back, problem is will the harness be long enough as Bazzon isnt the smallest of people.

hmmmm

Cheeky git. :nono:

but in truth i do have problems with harnesses and my shoulders :S

JDM Dc2

just spent about an hour going through this project and i fookin love it!! 202bhp on basically standard cams is immense, good work lads!!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

just spent about an hour going through this project and i fookin love it!! 202bhp on basically standard cams is immense, good work lads!!

:eek: a positive post, thanks :)

JDM Dc2

picture at the top of the page, can see adamandertons ZS repesentin ZSOC at the RAF marham trackday lol, that blue MK1 is sweet!!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

A few broken bits fixed and some new bits.

Damaged springs after donny.

DSC06311.jpg

DSC06696.jpg

DSC06698.jpg

DSC06711.jpg

DSC06716.jpg

DSC06731.jpg

DSC06730.jpg

DSC06729.jpg

CROFT on Monday /CHEER!!! :D

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

I dont know, Carl know but hes out with his lady friend atm i think.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

happy Whiteley? ;)

DSC06747.jpg

DSC06746.jpg

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

One of mine is snapped and so is DanR's, they are made of cheese

have a word with curtis, after 3 weeks of bugging him we finally got 2 new ones. Dont let him charge you though....AST sent him them for free

172 Race Car

have a word with curtis, after 3 weeks of bugging him we finally got 2 new ones. Dont let him charge you though....AST sent him them for free
Mate, I spoke to him in March about them. He said they were on order and he would ring me when he had them. Seen him twice since and still no sign of them. He did say he ha ordered some different ones tho to avid this problem. maybe you just have like for like replacmets.
helper springs

tbh i would just run without them
Cant, the springs arent long enough

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Mate, I spoke to him in March about them. He said they were on order and he would ring me when he had them. Seen him twice since and still no sign of them. He did say he ha ordered some different ones tho to avid this problem. maybe you just have like for like replacmets.
Cant, the springs arent long enough

He's full of s**t mate, he said he was getting some ones that were uprated, said the were made by Faulkner springs. I rang Faulkner who informed me that they had already made the springs for AST and that they had them. So I rang dennis at AST who informed me he had been waiting for months for Curtis to confirm how many springs he needed. Dennis then said he would phone Curtis and arrange delivery of the springs. Which he did, Curtis recieved springs from AST this week. Dennis also said he was supplying them FOC, Curtis previous tried to charge me

Carl

172 Race Car

Thanks for that mate, I'll look into it. Im at Powerstation Tuesday mornig anyway.

Is that a harness bar on your msv cage now then? Cost much to have done?

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member

This looks total amazing and must go very well! Credit to all involved building this beast.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

just got back from Croft, as you can see its early.

Well the car just lost drive going down the home straight half way through the day, think its the clutch.

first breakdown on track

carl

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

Could be the diff mate. Clutch would move it a bit but would slip loads.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Could be the diff mate. Clutch would move it a bit but would slip loads.

i did say that mate, Bazzon took the hairpin too sharp three laps in a row and produced alot of smoke so lets see :(

Good looking car now mate and you both was having fun p!ssing on my BM shame you broke it before I got ago in my mate westie as I would of wipe the floor with you ;) save to say the BM could be going to be replace with a westie :cool:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Good looking car now mate and you both was having fun p!ssing on my BM shame you broke it before I got ago in my mate westie as I would of wipe the floor with you ;) save to say the BM could be going to be replace with a westie :cool:

LOL aye was a good day mate, its deff. the diff which has gone.

Gave up after bazzon tried to take a porsche GT3RS after the hairpin LOL too much throttle, too much turn.

oh well hopefully sorted by the end of the week :)

you got msn mate? if so add me b_b_w_s@hotmail.com

carl

Clio 220 lpg

If its the clip don't replace it and then give it abuse at the track again cos once they jump out thats it, will allway come out when getting big stick:dapprove:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

If its the clip don't replace it and then give it abuse at the track again cos once they jump out thats it, will allway come out when getting big stick:dapprove:

yep, apparently a fix is by fitting a plate to help but not 100% on details. Just what the guy who does my boxes has said.

carl