ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue meet - 28/02/2010 - Ladybower - All Welcome

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The downside :dapprove:

I was in two minds about how long to make it, people seem to want to do the Cat & Fiddle as they're coming from far away.
Since the cat and fiddle is being ruined soon after this meet I think everyone should make the extra effort to drive it, even if it means an extra £30 of fuel used.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Could have to routes?

The full one and a light wieght one. Would be best way also as alllll those clios on one route could attract un-wanted attention.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Im easy. I will try and programme both routes into my sat nav so I know what the crack is. Not sure how I'm gonna manage that then?

We will finish Route 1 (about 1 hour)

See who wants to go/stay, then crack on with route 2 if there is demand for it?

a 1 hour blast isn't gonna use that much fuel!

340i
Im easy. I will try and programme both routes into my sat nav so I know what the crack is. Not sure how I'm gonna manage that then?

We will finish Route 1 (about 1 hour)

See who wants to go/stay, then crack on with route 2 if there is demand for it?

a 1 hour blast isn't gonna use that much fuel!

Obviously not trying hard enough ;)

RB R26.R
Could have to routes?

The full one and a light wieght one. Would be best way also as alllll those clios on one route could attract un-wanted attention.

im coming down from up north east and meeting a few guys on route so gonna have a hour convoy then too. think ill just bring the sat nav along so that if after leg 1 my money is gone &/ its enough i can head back, although i think with so many of us when im there ill wanna stay on.
yeah 36 clio's will probs raise the 5-0 attention lol.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
im coming down from up north east and meeting a few guys on route so gonna have a hour convoy then too. think ill just bring the sat nav along so that if after leg 1 my money is gone &/ its enough i can head back, although i think with so many of us when im there ill wanna stay on.
yeah 36 clio's will probs raise the 5-0 attention lol.

I'll be driving from Durham so can meet up if ya like and convoy down.

RB R26.R
I'll be driving from Durham so can meet up if ya like and convoy down.

my plans are to travel from home (northallerton) to leeds saturday then meet up with some people on here at brighouse, theres another forum thread about that, its like half hour away from me (m1 south direction, second junction for A621 leeds). basically 2nd turn off you come across on m1 past selby.
if you fancy i can meet you outside leeds? then go to brighouse?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well just gonna be using sat nav I could probs meet ya in some service station on the motorway, would have to try plan our trips so we meet at the same time, was thinking about a 10.30 set off from Durham so would be in Leeds for 11.30.

RB R26.R
Well just gonna be using sat nav I could probs meet ya in some service station on the motorway, would have to try plan our trips so we meet at the same time, was thinking about a 10.30 set off from Durham so would be in Leeds for 11.30.

meant to be meeting in brighouse at 11:45 so if you left half hour early kev182cup then i could meet you at 11:15 on the roundabout off the m1 onto the A621 'leeds'? im coming from girlfriends uni halls 15mins down the road.
its the junction off m1 between junction 44 and 43.

172 with k-tec sound
cant make this one now guys:(

i aint wasting 2 tanks of fuel on a meet lol, it dont even cost me 1 tank to go to fcs n back ffs.
how the f**k did this meet start as a few pics n a blast and end up a world cruise lol. rediculous,i think you just managed to ruin what would have been a top meet with 36 cars, but you aint gonna get that now.

Last edited:
  Clio 182
So, are we still thinking of going to Ladybower then? There's plenty of room in the car parks and things like that, seems a good place. If we are, I might just meet you there instead of going to The Strines first? :)

Lau x

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Laura182 said:
So, are we still thinking of going to Ladybower then? There's plenty of room in the car parks and things like that, seems a good place. If we are, I might just meet you there instead of going to The Strines first? :)

Lau x
Strines is only 5 seconds away from lady bower so won't make a diff i dint think!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
cant make this one now guys:(

i aint wasting 2 tanks of fuel on a meet lol, it dont even cost me 1 tank to go to fcs n back ffs.
how the f**k did this meet start as a few pics n a blast and end up a world cruise lol. rediculous,i think you just managed to ruin what would have been a top meet with 36 cars, but you aint gonna get that now.

Dont hold back mate, tell it like it is.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I may or may not be able to attend. Depends on whether or not I'm on call again this weekend (I shouldn't be).

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
We need a planned stop at a petrol station too luke :rasp:

Everyone who was originally coming (especially the rb's) should at least come for part one, or even just the little meet before hand.

I'd like to ask those not wanting to spend so much on fuel why they bought a hot hatch and now don't want to go for a decent drive in it? you should of bought a golf tdi tbqfh

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
So where is everyone actually meeting first, hopefully the offers for me to jump in with someone is still open
Will need postcode of 1st meeting place as well

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
DazJ said:
So where is everyone actually meeting first, hopefully the offers for me to jump in with someone is still open
Will need postcode of 1st meeting place as well
We meeting at strines mate. Strines inn.
If I dint have a passenger you can come with me.

Using fuel ftw!

Looking like it'll be a good meet/drive this one. Hopefully as good as the 1st Cat&Fiddle meet I 1st went to in summer last year.

Just a question about going over the Cat&Fiddle, with the proposed average speed cameras going up soon, won't there be speed traps and police all over the road leading up to when the cameras are put in place? Alot of people will have the idea of giving the road one last blast before it's ruined with cameras and the police will anticipate that surely?

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
not enough money yet to afford full tank or 2 of diesel
Apprentice wage + emergency tax code [BR] = lack of funds

Strines Inn - S6 6JE if anyone wants to know

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looking like it'll be a good meet/drive this one. Hopefully as good as the 1st Cat&Fiddle meet I 1st went to in summer last year.

Just a question about going over the Cat&Fiddle, with the proposed average speed cameras going up soon, won't there be speed traps and police all over the road leading up to when the cameras are put in place? Alot of people will have the idea of giving the road one last blast before it's ruined with cameras and the police will anticipate that surely?

If we are sensible we will be fine. You can usually see the cameras long before you get to them anyway.

Besides, you don't need to be driving at ridiculous speeds to have a laugh - There are some good corners out there that will keep you on your toes.

RB 197
I have far too many outgoings this month including car tax so cant afford 2 tanks of petrol, i'm not being an arse, if somebody asks me if i want a blat with them cool, if not life goes on.

If we are sensible we will be fine. You can usually see the cameras long before you get to them anyway.

Besides, you don't need to be driving at ridiculous speeds to have a laugh - There are some good corners out there that will keep you on your toes.

Yeah I agree, wasn't my intention to pick holes in the route/plan , just a general question about it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
People who are short on funds can always jump in with people and park up somewhere, I have 1 passenger but some1 else is more than welcome to jump in.

RB R26.R
People who are short on funds can always jump in with people and park up somewhere, I have 1 passenger but some1 else is more than welcome to jump in.

nice offer like, shame im the worst passenger ever!

im definately there for meet at this stinnes inn, and a few pics. itll depend on costs for rest of this week and also cost there considering convoying too the venue too.

S4 Avant
Yeah, it's basically a circuit, cut in two.

I should probably say at this point, that there isn't anywhere to stop at the end of part 1... I literally ended it in the middle of a village cus it was easier to do it like that on google maps.

Good stopping points would be, Chatsworth and the Cat & Fiddle Pub

Last edited: