ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.I.P msremmerts Clio. 28-03-14

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Glad you made it out mate! looks nasty.

To get the radio back all you need to do is call the insurance and ask for them to drop the garage a message, it's instant on the estimating software. They will get the same salvage value regardless of whether the radio is in or not so it's worth your while. Same with the mats.

Admiral use copart for anyone looking at the salvage but it'll be a cat B so only registered dismantlers, scrappies can buy.

Good shout, I'll give the claims department a ring tomorrow then.

Glad you made it out mate! looks nasty.

To get the radio back all you need to do is call the insurance and ask for them to drop the garage a message, it's instant on the estimating software. They will get the same salvage value regardless of whether the radio is in or not so it's worth your while. Same with the mats.

Admiral use copart for anyone looking at the salvage but it'll be a cat B so only registered dismantlers, scrappies can buy.

Good shout, I'll give the claims department a ring tomorrow then.

Il trade you a nice 4 inc carbon splitter for the head unit :rasp:

Glad you decided to not to buy it back, it could have been a very sore reminder ever time you walked out of your front door. I'm sure any non dented panels would have been kicked to f**k with temper lol :cry:

Renault Clio 172
Uffff... glad you are ok and at leats was somebody with you in that moment.

Question, How it works with the police and the insurance in UK? In Spain for sure you dont have any problems but here.... Can the insurance refuse to pay it or fix it due street racing?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Uffff... glad you are ok and at leats was somebody with you in that moment.

Question, How it works with the police and the insurance in UK? In Spain for sure you dont have any problems but here.... Can the insurance refuse to pay it or fix it due street racing?

Street racing here generally results in a section 59 along with points, a fine and or ban. Insurance companies can refuse to pay out if they suspect any form of foul play.

Cheque is in the mail so hopefully that'll be here by the weekend. Annoyingly I've then got to wait for the money to clear - who the f**k uses cheques in this modern day and age?!

Rang the claims department again today and they refused to give me the headunit unless I could replace it with a standard one. Don't know why. Oh well I didn't put it in the car but I wouldn't have minded keeping it.

Renault Clio 172
Street racing here generally results in a section 59 along with points, a fine and or ban. Insurance companies can refuse to pay out if they suspect any form of foul play.

Thanks! Good to know hehe

Are u thinking msremmert in buy an another Clio? :race:

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Cheque is in the mail so hopefully that'll be here by the weekend. Annoyingly I've then got to wait for the money to clear - who the f**k uses cheques in this modern day and age?!

Rang the claims department again today and they refused to give me the headunit unless I could replace it with a standard one. Don't know why. Oh well I didn't put it in the car but I wouldn't have minded keeping it.

I have a standard one you can have if you want it mate..

RB 182 195bhp
Glad to hear your ok. Sorry to hear about the car, it looked really nice :(.
Have you given any thought to it's replacement at all?

Clio 182
Jesus man! This looks like the road between the Black Mountain and Llangadog, I'm up there all the time on my bike and there is ALWAYS s**t on the road here from the farmers.

Big shame about the car, I know how it feels after recently binning my bike.
But as everyone says a vehicle can be easily be replaced, when you consider how easily things could have gone horribly wrong it does make the situation a lot brighter!

P.S. Surprised there isn't a speed camera van parked next to you in the first pic by the reservoir, there is one there almost 24/7!