ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.I.P msremmerts Clio. 28-03-14

ST
Worst title or...worst reading skills ever?

polls_49152c2cf124d_0_2931_308244_poll_xlarge.jpeg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at the people who can't read.

Fcuk me, glad to here he is ok.
These french tin boxes are strong little things.

I have to agree, every time I see one of these threads (and thankfully it's not that often), the clio's stood up far better than I'd expect a small car like this to have done. Definitely compared to Saxos/106's, but even Corsas etc don't hold up as well as the Clio.

At the end of the day, it's only a car, but it's also a roll of the dice, and you won, which is what matters.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Ah s**t man :(

I don't know what to say; very sorry to hear of the unfortunate detour today Mike. However, the result is a great one. It's good to see you're in better shape than the car! Take it easy for a few days, ride out the soreness and then pick yourself up and start again :) It's a shame I can't make the drive on the 6th as you could have jumped in with me otherwise.

Nice one Filters - glad he wasn't on his own as I'd imagine it would be a bit confusing, disorienting and upsetting to have this happen alone on the road.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It is truly gutting to see your pride and joy all smashed up, something I've experienced all to often myself.

Either way its done and thankfully the driver is mostly okay.

Arctic 182
Glad you got out ok & you wasn't too badly injured mate. Gutted for you about the car :(
Hope it all works out.

Car held up well and did its job by the sound/look of it.

Get back on the horse as they say... Don't let it intimidate you going forward. Go back and drive the same bit of road etc... Would be my only advice.

Police have already given me a letter telling me my car was recovered as "abandoned" - Fair play they work fast. As I've never had a crash before I'm just ringing my insurance company and asking for advice but as I'm fully comp the insurance pays for all the holding and removal charges.

@Chi you are a very kind person. I'm going to try and organise my own ride to save inconveniencing yourself and anybody else - however you may get a PM from me at some point.

To everybody else - Thanks for the kind messages. This is why I like this forum and plan to stick with it and thanks so much to those who offered to take me out on the 6th. You're all awesome in my book.
I'm pleased I was able to just get up and walk away from this but I'm still totally heart broken about the Clio. I loved that car and put so much work and love into it. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in the RenaultSport world though so after a bit of dirt cheap motoring I think I'll return in something like an R27 (because they look the tits) or a more practical Megane. I need a break from the constant (voluntary) spending for now and my insurance will only rape me on a performance car.
Plus I'm quite looking forward to joining the generic hoard of cars on the road in something that doesn't stand out.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Nasty, were you the chap who we met up with a year or two back when on a Pistonheads run where we got lost?

Clio 172
That looked a nasty crash, glad you made it out in one peace mate, give it a couple of months and you will want a Hot Hatch of some kind again? :)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
As said your health is more important than the car, I appreciate that doesn't make it easier though, you'll bounce back.

Best of luck getting it all sorted :)

Remember a similar thing happening on a drive out I did a few years ago.
Expecting another lad to catch up when we stopped and he didn't arrive.
Turned back and found his car upside down in the road.
Luckily he escaped unhurt as well!

Very sobering and glad you are OK mate!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
That was me and the mrs -J- good day too even if we did loose the pack. Any plans for this year?

Not sure yet, there was talk around July time but will all depend on the Pistonheads / Scooby net lot.

I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

An orange one
That's a nasty one! Still it's only tin and rubber at the end of the day! Glad you are ok and relatively unscathed :)

Ph1
Was very close to a farm so i can only assume so...though mine made it through that turn seconds earlier without so much as a twitch!

I lost the back end in the same kind of situation, twisty back road near a farm. Put it down to the tyres being towards the low side and the tank being a 1/4 empty, basically the car being light at the back end.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Gutted for you Mike but extremely glad you walked away.. Can't put a price on your life!

M555 JEH is now twinless.. :(

Gutted. Looked to be a mint motor mate, but at least your okay, that really is all that counts. If I were you id try and buy the car and break it and seems to be a few parts worth some value left

Insurance has finalised the offer today, fair play to Admiral they worked damn fast. Wasn't what I put in but I got the figure I had in my head so I'm done.
A friend of mine went to the garage to pick up any personal bits I'd forgotten when I left the poor thing dead at the side of the road. I wanted his opinion on buying it back and I've decided to leave it where it is.
His report: Too many broken bits to bother plus I don't have space nor the patience to want to break it. I just want this piss poor event behind me.

The garage wouldn't let him under the bonnet and wouldn't let him remove the head unit but even though I'm still utterly heart broken about the car (seriously I feel like a family member has died) - I'm finally realising I should be more lucky that I didn't sustain more than a few bruises from a flip and roll.
For anyone who's interested (sorry the quality is poop, they're off WhatsApp):

IMG-20140331-WA0000_zps8233f53a.jpg

IMG-20140331-WA0003_zps549dae15.jpg

IMG-20140331-WA0001_zpsba418030.jpg

IMG-20140331-WA0002_zps015338bd.jpg

iceberg phase 2 172
Such a sad thing to see buddy, but as already been said aslong as your ok, cars can and will be replaced, Ps did u ever get a layer of that wax on the clio? Lol