ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick powerflex dogbone fitting question (pics inside)

Clio 182
So I managed to beat everything out and get the powerflex kit on:

photo2_zps28471d51.jpg

And fitted it to the car again, I haven't tightened anything yup yet. Can someone tell me where the washers go? I've arrowed them here where I've put them.

photo3_zps8c1a406d.jpg

One between the gearbox and bush and one between the bush and the bar.

also have I got it the right way up?

Clio 182
Just fitted it and wow, a nice difference! A bit more vibration in the car but gear change is a lot smoother and best of all, my clutch vibration when accelerating is gone. Jackpot.

Next thing is new engine mounts I think

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
only slight bugger is the undertray if you have one, I just bent mine out the way for the swap as I'm lazy,lol!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
seriously easy mod to do but worthwhile, only hard part is getting the old bushes out and thats not at all difficult. Did mine in under 30 minutes

clio sport 182/04
What is this for?
Just bought a clio sport 182 and in love already wanting to no some good things to do we it to Make it even better :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
What is this for?
Just bought a clio sport 182 and in love already wanting to no some good things to do we it to Make it even better :)

It is a engine support which takes up a lot of slack caused by the silly rubber standard mount.
It also tightens up the gear shift and stops the manifold (i think) banging off the subframe when pulling away quickly.

Only slight downside is you get a small amount of vibration through the steering wheel.

New Vs Old

rk0mlt.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
  Inferno 182 & Saxo

when did flowflex start making those? Looks a bargain for £25, fit and forget and its probably more of a firm urethane than the purple powerflex