ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick bit of advice

172 Cup
I'm planning on giving the clio a mini detail in the coming weeks (wash, clay, polish & wax).

Just been given a few bottles of AG for free, so wondering what's best to use (I'm looking for longevity of finish over super show n shine spec paint as it's my daily).

So options are, for polish :
AG SRP
Megs Ultimate Compound

uploadfromtaptalk1437466785892.JPG

For wax/sealant:
AG Extra Gloss Protection
Megs Gold Class Liquid Wax
Williams F1 Carnauba enriched polish

uploadfromtaptalk1437466904994.JPG

All will be done by hand. Car is an iceberg cup, if this makes a difference. Don't want to buy any extra stuff, so what's the pick of the bunch?

Golf GTD
I'd polish with the super resin polish and then seal it with the extra gloss protection. I've used them before and they're a nice combination.

RB Clio 182
Id say the same as above because I'm sure on the ultimate compound instructions it advises you use a buffer.

Also the egp is a sealant and works better on light cars imo, it gives a lighter overall appearance, wax tends to give the paintwork a darker appearance.

Also srp works very well by hand, its one of the best out their imo.

A van
I'd stay away from Autoglym if you're looking at longevity. SRP is a glaze whereas the me guitars is more of a cuttin compound which will actually correct the paintwork rather than masking it, Which is only a temporary fix.

172 Cup
Got round to doing it today. Ended up using both the Megs and the SRP (used the Megs for any big scuffs/scratches).
Came out pretty well I think!
uploadfromtaptalk1438448641938.JPG

uploadfromtaptalk1438448668448.JPG

172 Cup
Cheers Tom (just don't look too closely at the bumpers/wheels!)
I'm off to Wales at the weekend, so I think I might give it another wash towards the end of the week and apply another coating of the EGP!