ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo detail - CarPro

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've just finished my first detail in quite some time! @sabian92 contacted me and asked for something durable that I could apply without needing the car overnight. We talked about CQUK but I didn't want the car to leave without at least staying overnight, especially with extra long cure times in this weather (round about the zero mark). We landed on CarPro Essence and Reload.
Luckily the car is brand new and valetmonkeys at the dealership hadn't destroyed it so the polishing ability of Essence would be adequate.

No before/during pics I'm afraid as it was FREEZING! The snow foam actually started to form ice crystals and freeze the car at one point!

VP Combo II foam
Washed
Tardis
Iron X
CarPro clay cloth in key areas
Foam wash
At this point the car was too cold to dry so we moved it into the sun and I dried it with Eraser (rather than QD)
Taped up
CarPro Essence via 3M rotary on a mix of Hexlogic and CarPro pads
2 X layers of Reload
Trim dressed with Perl
Interior glass with G6
Side windows - reload
Front and rear glass - Angelwax H2GO
FK1000 on wheel faces
Megs tire dressing

Essence was by far the standout product of the day. So easy to work with and noticeably adds gloss!

Quick phone snaps:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Looks good mate! Funny looking wee things these.

I'd recommend making sure the light is better for your photos and you make them look more professional ie not wonky

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Fugly little cars these.

How did you find essence? Still not had a chance to use it yet. Any recommendations ?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Fugly little cars these.

How did you find essence? Still not had a chance to use it yet. Any recommendations ?
It's SO good! It's as easy by machine as say Lime Prime, and requires minimal removal. Noticeable gloss increase too!
Didn't really get to test the cut on it this time though.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
I didn't realise you'd stuck this up, thanks for the quick write up. It was properly freezing, probably minus 3 in the shade and just above freezing in the sun.

Either way the car did look brilliant... for about 10 minutes! The drive home and subsequent shift at work has covered it in crap, so it needs a wash again! The beading is really good though, impressive to watch just slide off the car as you drive along.

By the way @aucky - front plate has already fallen off! Bloody sticky pads.

Here's a few of mine - I've got a fair few but I'm not sure if @aucky wants his face plastered on the forum so I'll leave those out.

View attachment lhlJHSJ.jpg

View attachment 8HsBXPu.jpg

View attachment kWY5MVj.jpg

View attachment 1QHaINe.jpg

View attachment DrZb0oj.jpg

View attachment CTPZ4JG.jpg

View attachment Cs2WBzS.jpg

View attachment o5VNq8d.jpg

View attachment DYll0zu.jpg

View attachment lP06tYB.jpg

View attachment Qs3ijJQ.jpg
(I'm pretty "generously proportioned"... but I'm not anywhere near as wide as this shadow makes out! :smile:)

View attachment hOhSUqm.jpg

View attachment r7rvt9k.jpg

View attachment hkzHsPT.jpg

View attachment aCy8Izi.jpg

Looks good mate! Funny looking wee things these.
They are a bit marmite but I like them. You don't see many either which is nice.

Epic little thing!
Fast too! Not 197 fast, but it's 900-ish kilos and 90 bhp so it's actually got better power to weight than the Laguna (110bhp & 1500kg) which wasn't that slow so it's nippy around town. The 0.9 Sce 70bhp naturally aspirated one is very slow though, I test drove one. This one is the 90hp Tce turbo one and it's far better to drive. RWD too :cool: Surprisingly roomy as well and does 50mpg :up: Only downside is it's got a tiny fuel tank. 35 litres... :neutral:

I would definitely recommend anyway, just not in below freezing temperatures! :fearscream:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's SO good! It's as easy by machine as say Lime Prime, and requires minimal removal. Noticeable gloss increase too!
Didn't really get to test the cut on it this time though.

looking at the new photos you applied by 3m rotary, that's what I'll be using. What pad?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What pad did you find best. I'm looking at my trial of big foot and a carpro gloss pad really.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I used a CarPro Finishing ring pad (black) for the large panels and a Hexlogic spot pad on tight areas.

The ring pad was OK but it's quite firm so it didn't respond to contours as well as say, a 3M pad, which is what I'd use next time. I'd like to see what can be done with a yellow 3M!